X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 2 Million People Using Firefox 2 in the First 24 Hours

Over 2 Million People Using Firefox 2 in the First 24 Hours
    Posted by on Fri, 10/27/2006 - 20:13Spreading Firefox

What an amazing week it's been. In just the first 24 hours, there were more than 2 million people using the new Firefox 2 browser. We were seeing downloads as high as 30 per second. 30 per second!!! Wow.

You all are the engine that drives adoption. More than 60,000 of you have posted Firefox buttons and banners on your blogs and websites. It's time to take that to the next level!

We've got new buttons and banners for Firefox 2 and there are more on the way. If you haven't joined the affiliate program, now is the time. Head over to the affiliate page and get the new hotness!

But don't stop there. It's time to revisit all those friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members and make sure they upgrade to Firefox 2. It's time to reach out to new people and show them the better Web experience that they can have with Firefox 2. It's time to reach out to your IT team, your school lab administrators, your department heads, your local businesses, your city or community libraries. It's time to take Firefox 2 to the next level.

Two years ago, you all put Firefox on the map. One year ago, you helped tens of millions of users get Firefox 1.5 with improved privacy features and a kickass security update system. This year, as the world is waking up to the idea of browser choice and a reinvigorated Web, we are going to see Firefox cross the chasm and become a household name!

Use this thread to tell us your Firefox 2 success stories.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

I just updated to Internet Explorer 7, man it bites. Installed Firefox 2, it ROCKS!!!

It is faster, tried my favorite sites and there's a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
      I just updated to Internet Explorer 7, man it bites. Installed Firefox 2, it ROCKS!!!

It is faster, tried my favorite sites and there's a big difference
      Happy now! I dumped IE years ago and never looked back! what a piece of trash.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I've never used IE . . .

Netscape for me. But then AOL grabbed Netscape and all sorts of funny things happened, none of them good. Might have to try Firefox. Problem is in the next few weeks I have to change my email addy (new isp) and install a new Symantic security thinger. That may toast my tiny, computer illiterate brain for a spell.
        carpetbagger

Comment

Can you enlighten me a bit - I'm ignorant on this stuff. I use IE because some of the websites I use for business indicate IE is required. How do you go back and forth between firefox and IE.
          Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
            Can you enlighten me a bit - I'm ignorant on this stuff. I use IE because some of the websites I use for business indicate IE is required. How do you go back and forth between firefox and IE.
            Just click on Dan's link and install it, it will ask you if you want it to be your default browser, check no and start surfing. You can have both installed and use which ever one you want. You can put a short cut on your desk top for Firefox and surf by clicking on it without opening IE.

Microsoft always wants you to use their software, I haven't found any site yet that I can't access using Firefox.

Comment

I'm trying it

I just downloaded it a short time ago, as in tonight. I go to a website and if a posting has more than one page I can only get the first one to come up. If I can't get it to work better than it is now I'll dump it like a hot potato. I admit I'm no computer genius, but if I can't get it to work for me it's gone.
              Art Crawford 30F
              Panama City Fl.

Comment

Originally posted by BentRod View Post
                I just downloaded it a short time ago, as in tonight. I go to a website and if a posting has more than one page I can only get the first one to come up. If I can't get it to work better than it is now I'll dump it like a hot potato. I admit I'm no computer genius, but if I can't get it to work for me it's gone.
                Use the browser that works best for your needs if IE works for you then use it, Firefox 2 is just an option.
                HTML Code:

Comment

firefox

Fire fox is fine to use unless you do biz online with websites that require you to use IE.. I have several of them. Yes it is an option.. I'd rather use Firefox. less problems with it. Haven't loaded it yet on this puter. I may do that eventually. But all good info Dan ! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by TLSM301 View Post
                    Fire fox is fine to use unless you do biz online with websites that require you to use IE.. I have several of them. Yes it is an option.. I'd rather use Firefox. less problems with it. Haven't loaded it yet on this puter. I may do that eventually. But all good info Dan ! Thanks for the info.
                    I also just ran into my first business site that only uses IE

Comment

Working...
                    X