WOW!...got to see this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!...got to see this

I'm probably the last to know this but Aparently you can pump hydrogen peroxide through a silver plated nickel mesh and make what they call a monofuel rocket. From what I've read of it you can produce like 3000 lbs of thrust with a coffee can size unit....If that doesn't sound like a good time, I dont know what does. check this thing out...rocket kart..lol. I guess this thing does like 250 mph in a quarter mile.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sonny; 09-13-2006, 08:43 AM.
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

unit found...lol...game on!...pro boat, here I come!
    Attached Files
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Let me know when and where you test drive it....I want to film it...lol

Comment

Sonny call me

Hey Sonny,

drop me a line and let me know if you are going to crystal so we can swap these boats. I would like to get it out of my garage before winter..

Thanks chum,

Regards,
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Rockets and turbines

Many years ago Hot Rod magazine had an article on a company here in Fl. called Turboniques as I recall. They made small gas turbines in different HP ratings, also they made a rocket unit much like the one in the picture. They used them on Karts also. I saw one run at the drag strip at New Baltimore, Mi. in the 50's. It ran against a A/FX Mopar and turned 116 in the 1/4 mile. The company claimed they could turn 150 with a twin engine unit. I guess they're history now.
          Art Crawford 30F
          Panama City Fl.

Comment

Rocket Man

This is the same idea behind the back pack unit that the military has looked at for the one man rocket. I believe that theirs used a platinum catalyst on the screen. It produces a nice clean exhaust. The hydrogen peroxode (H2O2) decomposes to water (H2O), as steam and oxygen (O2). A guy used one to promote Keds sneakers as "Rocket Man" at many fairs etc. I saw it at the New York Worlds Fair in 1964.
            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Working...
            X