Square tubing for boat carts - size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square tubing for boat carts - size?

Question for some of you that have built boat carts. What size and gauge square tubing do you recommend for D/E/FE boats? (Steel square tubing. I don't have the equipment or know how to weld aluminum. Probably couldn't afford the materials if I did.)

Anyone have plans for boat carts? I need one that can be disassembled so that it will lay flat in the bed of a short bed pickup with the tailgate up.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

I use 1'' x 2'' rectangle tubing and stand it upright for my 500r cart, works fine.
    Buy a piece of slightly oversized or undersized to make a sleeve to slide the handle pieces into. I can send you pictures of what I have if it helps. Or build and ship one to you.
    Last edited by nightmoves; 08-20-2006, 06:40 AM.
    nightmoves

Comment

Steel prices

(Steel square tubing. I don't have the equipment or know how to weld aluminum. Probably couldn't afford the materials if I did.)

.[/QUOTE]

Actually, with the price of steel these days, thanks to China, it almost costs just as much as aluminum does....

Comment

Originally posted by nightmoves
        I use 1'' x 2'' rectangle tubing and stand it upright for my 500r cart, works fine.
        Buy a piece of slightly oversized or undersized to make a sleeve to slide the handle pieces into. I can send you pictures of what I have if it helps. Or build and ship one to you.
        Pictures never hurt. DavidL6@cmaaccess.com.

What gauge tubing do you use? (wall thickness)

I thought of buying a cart before I posted questions here, but shipping would probably be cost prohibitive.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X