Late Summer - Early Fall Donation Drive For HR Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Summer - Early Fall Donation Drive For HR Net

Well folks as much as I hate to do this it is that time of year again and before old man winter sneaks up on us and everyone goes into hibernation I need to ask for your donations to help support HydroRacer.Net

I think it is very clear to most folks that HR.Net is the premier Stock Outboard Racing web site second in line to the APBA web site when it comes to online information and up to the minute racing news from across and the country and all over the globe.

The goal of the HydroRacer.Net is to continue to make a difference in Stock Outboard Racing and to help promote the sport we all love so much.

Unfortunately I have cut out the Pay Pal option due to the high fees they impose for receiving money online.

If you would like to make a small donation please email me by using the address below and I will reply with the mailing address.

Sincerely

Dan Lawrence

**Many of you have already given donations over the past few months so no need to give again. Once a year is great and helps out in a huge way!
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

can we donate through paypal?
    "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Sorry I ditch the Pay Pal option becuase of the fees they charge. Email me for my mailing address, if this method turns out to be more trouble then its worth I might consider going back with Pay Pal.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Donation

My check went out in the mail today. Come on guys, Hydroracer.net is one of the best think that has ever happened to outboard racing. Support the site and send a check!!!!!!
        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

My check is in the mail

Went out this morning. Come on everyone, let's keep this site running! Think about the hours of 'entertainment' it brings!:-)
          Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

Thanks Susan,

Donations are starting to come in So far the old fashion mail in method has proved to be bit more productive then the last donation drive, which was primarily done through Pay Pal. I was informed during the last Donation drive that almost 50% of you did not use Pay Pal while many of you just did not like the idea of sending money online.

Keep those donations coming!

Thank You

Dan
            HTML Code:

Comment

Following-Up on 2005

Last year, I held an auction for some "vintage" T-shirts with the proceeds going to Hydroracer. That effort was quite successful and I was inspired to promise that I would auction a ride in my 250 hydro for 2006.

So,

To the highest bidder, I will offer a test ride at the Raleigh, NC USTS race in October in a VRP 250cc powered Pugh hydroplane. A photo is attached below of the boat in question.

Rules:

1) Bidders must be 18 years of age or higher
              2) Cash/check in advance of the ride
              3) Test ride can be on Friday or Saturday
              4) Minimum of 6 laps with a break after 3 lpas
              5) Driver not held responsible for damage due to engine failure (but I jet the engine!!!!!).
              6) Must have driven an outboard racing boat previously
              7) Day of ride, I make the determinateion that driver is capable of taking the boat out (and I will refund your money if you are not, in my opinion).
              8) Must wear appropriate safety equipment
              9) Must be registered as a competitor for the weekend (USTS and APBA requirement).
              10) Must agree that he / she is taking the ride at his / her own risk. Feel free to inspect the boat to your satisfaction. I will take out first for a check-out ride.

So, here your chance to support hydroracer, go for a good ride and enjoy the smell of methanol. What is the opening bid??? I will offer $50 and theminimum increment is $5. Show your support early and often!!
              Attached Files
              David Weaver

Comment

I choose the photographer

$100 and I choose the photographer. Do you guarantee that I will get on plane? (that's been a problem for me this year)

Uh-oh. I just read #9. Is OSY-400 running at Raleigh?
                @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                72@E
                Former Boat Racer
                21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

To the first bidder

If you do not get on plane due to the equipment, I will reimburse you. OSY400 is on the schedule. It is also possible to register on Friday, test and then scratch.
                  David Weaver

Comment

Well Mark,

$100 appears to be enough to possibly be a winner. We will let this auction run thru noon on September 1. I thought more of those region 4 people would step-up for this worthy cause.

This rig ran 3rd, 3rd and 2nd at the Nationals this year for an overall 4th. RPM's generally turn in the range of 13,200 to 13,500. The boat is 12' 6" long and runs very stable. And it is finally painted!!!

This a better deal than the Richard Petty Driving Experience and price could be a lot cheaper too!!
                    Last edited by David Weaver; 08-24-2006, 04:32 AM. Reason: I cannot spell
                    David Weaver

Comment

Count me in

I will bid 125.00 David.
                      I may not be employed in Oct, but I will be at the race, and I want to help
                      Dan for all of his efforts.
                      I would like a ride in a 250 hydro.

Dennis 21Z

Comment

Thanks Dennis!!! That is very generous.
                        David Weaver

Comment

You guys are the best !
                          HTML Code:

Comment

eSnipe

Is the Hydroracer.net auction system compatible with eSnipe.com???
                            @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                            72@E
                            Former Boat Racer
                            21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                            20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

I am not sure about e-snipe.

Dennis' bid got me thinking. He is facing a potential employment change and yet still is willing to support "the cause". That is real unselfish support.

So, I will match the winning bidder's bid to Hydroracer. And I had better get a $^%&!@*! sticker from Dan this year!!

So, here is real chance to give Dan and this site a major boost!!

Show Dan the love.....
                              David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                              X