John Brodge update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Brodge update

John was involved in a 1 boat crash Saturday at the Trenton Michigan race while driving his 120 rig.

John was air lifted to the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor from the race site.

John could not move his legs and they found two broken lower vertebra in his back. The Doctors are hopeful that John will fully recover but time will tell. The encouraging news is on Sunday John had a little feeling in one of his legs. If I understood correctly they were waiting for the swelling to go down to do the surgery.

Hopefully someone that has the address can post it on here so those that want can drop John a line.

Our prayers are with you buddy!
    Last edited by Big Don; 07-24-2006, 12:30 PM.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Contact Information

Tracy Johnston provided the hospital address to us last night:

University of Michigan Hospital
    1500 E. Medical Center Dr.
    Ann Arbor, MI 48103
    Rm. 423, Bed 1 (John Broge)

I have their home address as well, however - please email me for that information...I'm not sure if they want it publicly listed.

hsmiskerik@yahoo.com

John, Lynn and family - you're in our thoughts and prayers!

The Miskerik's

Comment

What Happened?

Don,

Blow over or barrel roll or the dreaded stuff??

John,

We are with ya!!!!!!

Warbs
      64*W

Comment

Barrel Roll, Got pushed out a little from an inside boat and caused John to hook and go over. Lets all say a prayer for him and his family. Please God help our fallen commrade make it through this tough time. Mike
        mike ross

Comment

All my prayers and best wishes go out to one of the nicest guys ever in our sport. We're thinking of you John.

Jerry Brewster
          www.trora.com

Comment

John Broge

John has a new room #. It is 5D-830. Please pray for John, Lynn and family.
            Last edited by karend924; 07-26-2006, 09:50 AM.

Comment

John...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you John & family.

The Schaubs

Comment

The Broge man...

... is much more than the local hero at the Trenton race where he won the World's in front of his fans last year. He is an icon for sportsmanship in boatracing. He and his Toner team where recognized Sunday morning in front of his peers for winning the 2005 OPC Sportsmanship Award.

John and family are strong and will be able to deal with whatever God has planned for him. Pray that it is a full recovering -
                He has some feeling now in his right leg (it was rumored this was only a rumor).

I have seen John crash violently many times. Saturday was a soft roll in comparison. You just never know in racing accidents what the outcome will be.

I visited John at lunch today. His spirits are high. His wife Lynn and father Bob have the motorhome parked outside the hospital and will be by his side throughout the upcoming week(s). He is still a couple days away from doctors being able to operate once swelling reduces. Although I have confidence in the UofM hospital ability, he was starting to talk about places that might be more on the cutting edge of technology...

...then he just wanted to talk boatracing and get all the 45 & 120 results.
                I told him the chief scorer works 2 floors below him. Maybe she can get him a copy of the summary sheets.

Best wishes John & Family... we are all here for you !!
                kladd-

Comment

Hometown Hero

We are praying for you John.
                  Lynn, if you need help with anything let us know.

Love,
                  The Zilka's

Comment

Information on other driver injured

I have already wished John a speedy recovery.
                    I understand that another driver was injured in a separate crash in
                    one of Sunday's heats any info on that incident.

Matt Barrett

Comment

Robert Briggs was injured in a 2 boat crash at the 120 World Championships in Trenton Michiagn. He has 4 broken ribs , a broken shoulder and a collapsed lung. Briggs has moved to a hospital in Toledo, Ohio his home town . There are a lot of stuff about John Broges condition floating around most of them are not true. The posts by Kelly Ladd and Tracy Johnston are the most accurate, they are both at the U of M hospital every day , they will try to post any changes in Johns condition till they leave for Wakefield. John is worried about his nephew missing the Stock Nationals because all of the family are at Johns side at the Hospital. This is the boat racer coming out in John from a ICU hospital bed....... Don Allen Sr.

Comment

We are praying and pulling for you John.

Don Jr. and I were just talking to Donny III last week about what a great person John is. We were watching the Wakefield 1986 SO Nationals video and John was in inspection for BSR..He had a mohawk I think at the time...
                        Get well soon John!

Tom Kargus

Comment

I remeber being at my first ever nationals in west virginia (I think) and seing that famed black and white mohawk and then there was a huge auction to either keep the mohawk or shave it for some charity. Someone may have the real story but that is what I remember from when I was 7 or 8 or something.

The Fox Racing team is praying for you John.

See you soon,

Comment

John auctioned cutting his mohawk off to raise money for Scott Meyers (i believe) when he was hurt.

Maybe we can do some stuff at Wakefield for him. My hair might be short but I'd bic it like a bowling ball to get the fund started.
                            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Fox
                              I remeber being at my first ever nationals in west virginia (I think) and seing that famed black and white mohawk and then there was a huge auction to either keep the mohawk or shave it for some charity. Someone may have the real story but that is what I remember from when I was 7 or 8 or something.

The Fox Racing team is praying for you John.

See you soon,
                              Jay, I remember that night pretty well too.. I remember all the girls were jumping to the chance to get a lock of his hair.

~Craig~

PS: Don do you have enough hair to Bic off.. I know with Donny out off shcool that it would be growing back again but the other three are probably still tearing them out.. Got to show my love for my mid-west family..
                              Last edited by Dew1us; 07-25-2006, 11:55 AM.
                              Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Working...
                              X