Greetings from East BugSplat, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from East BugSplat, NC

How'd the move go? I needa drink, maybe several, but my Carolina girl is home and smiling. Reckon I'll have to change my profile now. No more Annandale, VA, me be in East BugSplat, NC.
    carpetbagger

Welcome

Welcome Bill, where is the new house, what town, how far from Greensboro?

Comment

annandale VIA Eastbugsplat then?
      anyway I glad your move went well. Wont it be a little warmer in the winter?

Comment

New house location . . .

Few miles east of New Bern, across the Trent River off 70 and real close to Brice's Creek. There's a boat launch ramp 1/2 mile from my house. And a fresh veggie stand at the corner market where I discovered a beer called "Carolina Blonde." Does it get any better'n this?
        carpetbagger

Comment

wahhoo ! sounds like the good life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson
            Few miles east of New Bern, across the Trent River off 70 and real close to Brice's Creek. There's a boat launch ramp 1/2 mile from my house. And a fresh veggie stand at the corner market where I discovered a beer called "Carolina Blonde." Does it get any better'n this?
            I sat on the Beltway today for two hours in bumper to bumper traffic enjoy your new home I hate this area !
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Welcome to New Bern, I almost got a red light on the way to work this morning but it turned green. My drive to work is 16 mi. and takes 18 min.
              See you soon Bill. No need to hurry to pick up the boat. John 2-Z
              John Runne
              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z
                I almost got a red light on the way to work this morning but it turned green. My drive to work is 16 mi. and takes 18 min. John 2-Z
                I gotta train! On the way to dinner we rounded a bend in the road and saw flashing red lights and gates dropping down. Maybe ten minutes before that long crawling frieght train cleared the path.

Dan: Only a couple hours? Kamakazee Junction (Springfield) has seen car jams that lasted for DAYS! RE - the dreaded Black Powder truck shipment that crashed and shut all three interstates down for 3 days!

kws: Methinks the winter temps here are only a tad higher than Northern VA. Ask me if I care (checking fishing gear)
                carpetbagger

Comment

80,000 lb of Eukanuba dog food was another biggie there at the mixing bowl ... as well as some livestock issues ... how many pigs? count 'em again ...

I don't know how much warmer New Bern will be than your old haunt in VA, but I do know that there are a lot more 65 degree winter days down around Springfield VA than here in central MD. I don't know how many days I came home to ice still hanging in my yard after spending a day wearing a T shirt in the sun in VA

Comment

Funniest mixing bowl car jam . . .

was caused when a tanker truck loaded with liquid nitrogen crashed. OHMIGOD! CALL THE BIOHAZARD CREW! So the law shuts down the entire highway, both directions, evacuates nearby nieghborhoods, and then the biohazard crew shows up and scratchs their heads, which obviosly contained very tiny brains, and goes oh my, what are we goona do with this mess.

YO! It's nitrogen! 80% of the atmosphere is nitrogen, just pull the dang plugs and blow it off and let the wrecker haul the dead truck away! But nooo, the biohazard crew had the fricking road shut down for many many hours while they pondered the situation. Did I mention the truck had a leak? Final solution, by the time the dinky-brain dudes figured out what to do the nitrogen was gone - empty truck.
                    carpetbagger

Comment

Hey Bill, now that you're down here why don't you come up to the drag races on Aug 5 & 6. We've got an ODBA race in Plymouth, NC, maybe 1 1/2 hours from you. I still owe you a few beers!
                      Joe Horvath

Comment

drag race - very tempting . . .

but that's the weekend of my 40th Anniversary - Aug 6th - and I'm betting Milady would pitch a hissy if I took her to a boat drag race. Yeah, I know, me be PWed big time, but we're still cruising after 40 years. Good bet that never owning any firearms contributed to my long life
                        carpetbagger

Comment

Mine is the next weekend (Aug 12), and of course I managed to plan a road trip for that weekend. I'm relatively sure she will make me suffer some unspeakable torment for my stupidity.
                          Joe Horvath

Comment

Working...
                          X