Want to trade work schedules with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to trade work schedules with me?

Just worked Wed. through Mon. nights. Start days tomorrow: Wed. through Sun. Go back on nights next Tues. night (for only 3 nights I hope! I want to go to the NBRA race at Rockaway Beach, MO). On call 24/7 unless I'm on vacation (like I was at the APBA Winter Nats) then I'm exempt from call outs. Doesn't take long to use up 160 hours vacation when you have to take 36 hours just to get two days off. (I used 48 hours for the Winter Nats....) BTW, everytime I go to work it's for 12 hours minimum - sometimes up to 16 hours. Holidays are just another day.........

Any takers?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Hell I know about burning up vacation time. I work Fri-Sun every week.
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Change

Change Jobs, sounds like to much crap.
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Parts Man

Dave, You Could Make It In The Auto Parts World Real Well.i Work 12to 13 Hours Six Days Aweek.

Comment

"Take this job and shove it"

Haven't you got about 30 yrs in with the RR aren't you about ready for a early retirement Hey the good part is all the money you make working those long hours, you got 2 new Altrilite boats and how many new 3 holers just need time to race, Call in sick

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap
            Haven't you got about 30 yrs in with the RR aren't you about ready for a early retirement Hey the good part is all the money you make working those long hours, you got 2 new Altrilite boats and how many new 3 holers just need time to race, Call in sick

Ralph Cook works at the railroad - not me. Ralph's schedule is worse than mine. I work for www.UOP.com.

You're right about the good part: I love the Arltralites! (I haven't gotten a 3 holer together yet but I'm working on it. Unlike the Mercs, they're not cheap to build.)

How do I explain the newly aquired sun tan if I call is sick? (Working nights and inside even when I am on days, what seems like all the time, and sleeping in the daytime if I'm not working I get only a little more sun than Dracula.)
            Last edited by David_L6; 05-23-2006, 09:27 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Uop??

University of the Pacific??? Great Water Polo school.....

I've only met Dave Mason once. BUT....I frequently agree with everything Dave posts. I think Dave's got the right idea. Quit. Those kind of hours will kill you...

Why not move to California with the rest of the people....We've got all kinds of jobs here...You could race your stuff in Region 11. You could drive one of my Fat "C" boats....

Hell, come and stay with me for a month...and see if there is anything here...

There is an old saysing, "Too soon OLD, too late smart."..... My dad came to California in 1935, broke. In 9 years he owned 22 acres at Lake Elsinor and a clear home. He was a painting contractor....

There are tons of OIL companies here and I'm not sure they require such hours....This is California land of fruits and nuts.

Comment

David guess it was a late night lapse of memory, I knew you worked at the refinery. Trouble is nobody wants to hire a guy past 40 or even close to 50 so all you can do is hang on, good jobs are hard to find. Maybe you could turn PRO and make a living boatracing!

Comment

Originally posted by jrome
                  Dave, You Could Make It In The Auto Parts World Real Well.i Work 12to 13 Hours Six Days Aweek.

It's a wonder you and I ever get to a boat race!

Comment

Excuses

I and Kelly Kidwell worked at a car dealership.We both were going to the Nats At Alex.I had the most seniorty so I got my vacation, they told Kelly not to go. He went anyway. Thursday morning he`s on the cell phone calling in sick talking to the service manager ,at the pits. In the background there was all kinds of testing going on. I know he had to hear it,but you know he never said a word about, on the phone,or when we got back. I guess the moral to this story. Sometimes you just need balls.
                    Art K

Comment

Its good to be retired. Well, its past 11Pm., I better get to bed, i gotta get up some time tomorrow.

Comment

Cell phones all have traffic noise?

Originally posted by Art K
                        I and Kelly Kidwell worked at a car dealership.We both were going to the Nats At Alex.I had the most seniorty so I got my vacation, they told Kelly not to go. He went anyway. Thursday morning he`s on the cell phone calling in sick talking to the service manager ,at the pits. In the background there was all kinds of testing going on. I know he had to hear it,but you know he never said a word about, on the phone,or when we got back. I guess the moral to this story. Sometimes you just need balls.
                        Art K
                        How you doin' Art? Good to here . Still don't where to answer properly.
                        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Me thinks since !!!

Originally posted by RTM
                          Its good to be retired. Well, its past 11Pm., I better get to bed, i gotta get up some time tomorrow.
                          We should know where we're talking, sugg. everone , don't be ashamed now claim yourself, just a thought, anyways i'm in La. , Ca , or even Mo. heavens , just a thought.

Small World teach.
                          RichardKCMo.
                          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

5'o clock Some****where?

Originally posted by RTM
                            Yer right about that bedtime , someone just told me., Hey anyone heard from Daren?,Degan, Whatever, let us know, Goodnite David.
                            Seen Ya whalago.

RichardF
                            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

No B.S. here

Originally posted by David_L6
                              Dave M and Ron, if I weren't paying $1,000 / month child support I may would give it a shot. As it is I can't gamble. (Might wind up in the crossbar hotel. )

Bob, You're getting closer..... We make the catalyst that refineries need to convert crude to other things - like motor oil and gasoline. Dan C. (the illustrious Prez of the NBRA) knows exactly what we make.
                              Hey Dude, mean to tell me '
                              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Working...
                              X