my boat racing family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boat racing family

So i was wondering if i was the only one who thinks that the people at the boat races are more important than the race itself. i mean i quit racing for two years and it wasn't the actual racing itself that brought me back because there are plenty of other things to go fast in. for instance when i stopped racing boats i took up a sport called drifting which is just another high speed sport. and with drifting i could live without the racing part of boat racing. but it was the people that brought me back to the sport. they're my second family and ive known them all my life. you just don't let that go. so who agrees that its the people at the races and not the racing that keeps the sport alive?
    -Nick Hooten

Agree 100%, the race is a small part of it. I've tried a couple other sports too... there is nothing like the people and camaraderie (sp?) in this sport.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

nick

you are right family is the greatest thing you can have and since we,ve been doing this they are all great people i thank the lord i met all you guy,s NEVER MET A BUNCH OF BETTER PEOPLE my kids love allyou guys special thanks to hooten family always there for my family

Comment

I'm in. I agree, I mean there are certain people at the races (Daniel Hooten, Nick Hooten, Joey Pinner, Andy Mackrell, Wally Schliph, Kenny Godwin) that make me smile just by seeing them. And yes, they are all boys, but I have known Daniel, Nick, and Joey since we all were in diapers. Unfortunately, I haven't known Andy and Wally for that long, but it seems like I have. And for Kenny, well, that's just another story. These people are like family. All of them are. Everyone at the races I care about more than the race itself. Yes, racing is an awesome thing and I love it to death, but without the people, I know I wouldn't be as excited and happy as I am when I think about it all. And I'm glad that Nick and the mexican are back, I know we have missed you guys a lot. Brings back old memories when the 4 of us (mexican, Nick, Joey, me) are back together...I have pictures I could blackmail you three with. But I have to agree, the people are amazing. If anything ever happens to any of you, that means any boat racer in the US and anywhere else, even if I don't know you, Amy Eldredge will be thinking about you and thinking of any way possible to help. That's a promise.

amy

Comment

didn't mean to get all sappy.....

yeah i didn't mean to get all sappy on you guys but the race this weekend at lake wales made me think a lot about how much everyone means to me. plus i had a load of fun winning osy-400 overall both days and racing amy for first place in kpro then wrecking in turn 3.lol.

ps thanx for checkin on me afterward amos
          -Nick Hooten

Comment

amy

you beat me to the punch on that post ,well i guess you forget us small people. just kidden. ive never met a bunch of better people than you and your parents tell your parents i wish my kids were that well behaved. but i got to tell ya when i see that eldridge trailer i know were gonna have some fun.love us maria walter and BUGA and BETSY . if she did,nt flip she would have had you. but you all did great

Comment

Working...
            X