BSR as it is on ICE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSR as it is on ICE!

It's that time of year when everyone is getting stir crazy from being away from their rigs for some time. And with quite a response for the BSR topic, I thought I would throw this out there.

There has been a group who have headed to Eagle River, WI in Jan to watch the snowmobile World Championships. The group is going again this year. The racing is more intense than boat racing. And the only thing keeping theese guys in the track is a wooden fence and haybale. Check out the track cam and see if you recognize of the faces in the crowd.

If you ever get a chance, go and check it out. Bring a can cooler as beer has been known to freeze here.

Track Website: http://www.derbytrack.com/www/derbytrack/

The best time to watch for racing will be Saturday and Sunday. The finals will be at 3pm Central Sunday.
    DAVEY 18w

Should be getting into MKE at about 11am and Brock should be picking me up soon after. Gonna be an awful long day, but here we go!!!

Comment

I'm Out...

With the arrival of the latest addition to the family.....there is no way I would be able to make it.

I know the boys will be screamin for FREEDOM, WI's very own "THE JEFF LUDWIG"

Fellas stay out of jail!
      17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Grapevine

Heard that some of the old timers are gonna show up. If there is some snow, maybe on there sleds?

Comment

I wish I could go...
          Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

BSR on ICE!!

Now I can put a side fin on it and still roll it up. Cool!
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

You don't want to roll one of those!!
              DAVEY 18w

Comment

Or it will turn out like this!!!
                Attached Files
                DAVEY 18w

Comment

Hey, I did that

When I stopped racing boats the first time, I picked up a sponsored ride racing a sled for a dealer in MA. It sure was nice having everything paid for.
                  They paid for food, lodging, travel, entry fees, association fees and equipment. I ran USSA and some local tracks.

Bill Rosado
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sled

BILL!!!! You by chance didn't stick that sled in a barn somewhere and save it did you?

Comment

Larry-
                      Go get Rod and Chad and head up. I'm sure the boys will be at Geo's or Shooters.
                      DAVEY 18w

Comment

Larry,

Sure wish I had, that was a sweet sled to drive. That was the first year that Polaris came out with that style, 1971 I think. That was the third sled that I drove for this dealer. The first one was one of the 12 inch track factory suicide sleds. I also drove a class 3 modified for him also. The one pictured was a class 2 modified which was the forerunner of the neat Formula 1 sleds. On short tracks, I would gear it down and stand it on the track all the way to the first turn where I would have to push the front down to be able to turn.

Bill Rosado

Comment

Bill---
                          yes,we were the Polaris dealer back then and that sled was the 1971-ATX. Sled was made to compete in 340 Stock class. It competed very well. We also ran the factory Playmates with the 12" track in stock and Mod. They were quite the handfull. Moved on to Starfires in all Mod classes. That 800 Mod was was a real ball buster, just could'nt get the thing to handle ice back then. That ATX and certain Starfires are really in HOT demand with collectors. Wish mine hadn't gone to trash!!!! Lars 36W

Comment

Hook-up

Davey---You talking Eagle River? If so will they be around Sat night and where are those 2 spots? You must not have made it over this year, Didn't bump in to you at CJ'S. Lars 36W

Comment

Jolene had a huge project that rolls out at work today. So I had to stay home. They will be at the track most of the day today and tomorrow. Shooter's and Geos are just past Triggs grocery storeheading out of town. Or you might be able to find them at the Frontier later on. I am watching the baby and track cam all day. Look out for Jeff Ludwig. Didn't qualify so good, 15th, but he has plenty of HP under that hood!!!
                              DAVEY 18w

Comment

Working...
                              X