Rick Hannon...Cancer Victim...Needs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Hannon...Cancer Victim...Needs Help

Rick Hannon, aka Slippery, 53R, a long time boat racer and good friend was recently diagnosed with plasma cell cancer. It was found early and his doctor said the chance of remission is 80%. He will miss about 2 months of work, with at least 3 weeks in the hospital, 2 of those in intensive care. The treatment, starting in March, will involve Chemotherapy, blood transfusions and stem cell replacement. Even with insurance he is, and will, incurring huge medical bills. Rick is in good spirits, considering his condition, and his health is good. He is focusing on his treatment, not on the condition, so he hasn't read up on it, that's why I haven't mentioned the name of the cancer. Because it's hard for him to talk about it he isn't answering all calls or emails.

An account has been set up for donations at Key Bank. The account # is 370432030812, and the electronic transfer # is 123002011. You can transfer funds at any bank using the account # and electronic transfer #. Please give early, give often and give until it hurts, because Rick doesn't have a choice.

I will also be accepting donations through Pay-Pal in my account, bartlettsmm@earthlink.net but I would rather not have eBay take any money so sending a check or electronic transfer will benefit Rick more. Please call me with any questions, 503-357-9212. I will be accepting donations and depositing them directly into the Key Bank account, if that would be easier for anyone.

Mike Bartlett
    1929 23rd Ave
    Forest Grove, OR 97116
    Mike Bartlett
    bartlettsmm@earthlink.net

Rick Hannon

Mike,
    Sorry to hear about Rick's illness. He has a hard challange in front of him. I will mail out a donation this week. Thanks for caring. Joe Z. 3-W

Comment

Help for Rick and his family....

Check your mailbox in a few days, Mike.
      ........a little $ something $ from our family to Rick and his family.
      Our prayers are with him............Godspeed.
      Deb, Kim, Bernie III and Bernie
      The ORIGINIAL SPORT C #89
      "BAD BOY"

Comment

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bump Bump Bump

Comment

Just a reminder

Bumping this one up again.....

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Remission!

I just spoke with Rick, his doctor told him Friday that his cancer was in remission!!!!!!!!!

He is cleared for part time light duty work now, his back is healing slowly though.

Thanks to all who helped out, words can't begin to describe how much Rick appreciates all that was done to help him out during this difficult time.

Comment

Working...
              X