Clear All

• Google Spider Online!

Google Spider
    /forums/showthread.php?p=37023 Viewing Thread
    Apel Hydro

What does this mean ?

When Will Google Spider My Site?
    By Garnet R. Chaney
    Many of my clients and friends who have websites will ask me "So how long will it take google to index my site?" Many of my friends, after hearing me talk about how I get hundreds of thousands of search engine hits, and how later I get lots of traffic from the search engines, wonder how they can benefit from this free traffic. It's a common question that I hear a lot.

I saw a question on a forum where someone wondered why google had only indexed less than 1/3 of 1% of his site. In another thread, he commented about Google's merry and unpredictable path around the net as "one of the many ways Google can be gay" (which was quickly flamed by the diversity police.) I gave Blayne some clues from my experience:

Hi!

It might be too early to worry. Google is often the last one to completely spider my sites. Teoma, Altavista, Inktomi, and others all get to my sites much faster, and gobble much more of them in their first visits.

Google seems to first spider the home page, then a couple of weeks later it will get the pages mentioned on the home page. Then a couple of weeks later it will get the pages that were mentioned in the second set. And so on. Eventually, when google has travelled a lot of your pages, it'll start visiting to recheck the old pages, and you'll have a regular steady stream of google visits.

- Garnet
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV
Working...
X