36run69n, Anker Petersen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36run69n, Anker Petersen.

This past Monday, 12/18/2017 we lost a dear friend, Anker Petersen . Anker and I with my brother Alan grew up together in Oakdale, NY. In 1955 Alan started racing BU and shortly Anker would be part of our crew. He finally got the urge to race in 1966 after returning from Vietnam we built him our first 36 class Speedliner style boat under the Aeroliner Race Boats name. He raced with Eastern Outboard Racing Club for years. He started with an Evinrude until Alan sold him a new Chrysler engine. He was a very quiet person but he was also a lot of fun, I remember once when his father and mother returned to Denmark for vacation he and his brother Paul had a house party, we were in our late teens at the time. Our group of friends purchased a quarter keg of beer. We could not find a place to set up the keg until someone found the grand piano, left the top and there was a perfect location. Needless to say it destroyed the piano.
    Anker's racing number was 69N, he was very proud of the number, wonder why? Anker lost his wife only three weeks before he passed so I guess he had enough of us and wanted to be with his wife. He leaves behind his brothers John and Paul, his children and his many friends.

Rest in Peace my friend, see you on the other side

David

I remember Anker very well from the old Eastern Outboard Racing Club. So sorry to here of his loss. We have lost so many from the club in the past several years. The club had a lot of great racing and Anker was part of those days.

Comment

Our condolences go out to the Petersen family. Anker was one of the good guys. As the propeller turns....God bless.

Comment

• Al Lang
        Al Lang commented
        Editing a comment
        I am shocked to hear that Anker passed. He had called me just 2 weeks ago and sounded great and wanted my E mail address to keep in better touch. He had told me of his wife's passing. No indication that he had any problems.
        I wish to extend my condolence to his children and family. May Anker and wife be at Lake Paradise.
        As Bob said, we have lost many of the old EORC crew. We are getting old.
        May God rest his soul and give comfort to the family.

• Al Lang
        Al Lang commented
        Editing a comment
        I am shocked to hear that Anker passed. He had called me just 2 weeks ago and sounded great and wanted my E mail address to keep in better touch. He had told me of his wife's passing. No indication that he had any problems.
        I wish to extend my condolence to his children and family. May Anker and wife be at Lake Paradise.

• Al Lang
        Al Lang commented
        Editing a comment
        Computer problems, please remove.I am shocked to hear that Anker passed. He had called me just 2 weeks ago and sounded great and wanted my E mail address to keep in better touch. He had told me of his wife's passing. No indication that he had any problems.
        Last edited by Al Lang; 12-27-2017, 10:48 AM. Reason: Computer problems, please remove.
    Working...
    X