The mind boggles . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mind boggles . . . .

"rumleyfips" made reference to this, and I just came back from having a look for myself. You fellas have to see it; Google "lawn tractor pulling" and when it comes up, click on the Images section and scroll down the photos. Un--be--lievable!!!!

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
    "rumleyfips" made reference to this, and I just came back from having a look for myself. You fellas have to see it; Google "lawn tractor pulling" and when it comes up, click on the Images section and scroll down the photos. Un--be--lievable!!!!
    Is there a point to your post==only thing i noticed is they are not stock.

Comment

Looks like fun! As I look at these pictures, other than the ones with kids it looks like most the competitors are over 40 and 200lbs plus. If these guys were to be interested in outboard racing what class would be suggested?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        c-service or 1100cc Hydro

They also drag race these things (and the Brits race them on grass "road course" style tracks). I had my first taste of lawn mower drags when I was stationed in San Antonio in the Air Force. When a "lawn mower" pulls up to the starting line with slicks and a wheely bar...because they need it....you know it's going to be interesting.

I recently discovered they hold a lawn mower drag every year right around the corner from me in a little town named "Knox". They call it the "Horsethief Lawn Mower Drags". Here's a clip on youtube of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnPZTVDabAI

Some are sporting 1000 cc motorcycle engines and even some with full-on small block Chevy V8's....

Welcome to America..if it has a motor on it, we'll race it (or figure out a way to put a motor on it and race it).....
      Dane Lance
      700-P
      CSH/500Mod

Comment

Working...
      X