175cc Hydro World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175cc Hydro World Championship

Great stories in this months APBA Propeller magazine about the 175cc Hydro Championship Races.

Ray Rotta's story is "Spot On" as expected.

Unity Flagstaff's story and Cover Page is well written about a most deserving Race Family "the Andersons".

I did have a small problem with the Headline to the story "First American Ever Wins 175CCH World Championship", I seem to remember that Tim Small won the 175CCH World Championship event in or around 2005. Does anyone else have that same memory?

2012 BEHNCKE René GERMANY
    2011 BEHNCKE René GERMANY
    2010 ZAMBELLI Manual ITALY
    2009 BEHNCKE René GERMANY
    2008 ROSSI Giuseppe ITALY
    2006 TENNELL Buddy USA
    2006 TENNELL Buddy USA
    2005 SMALL TIM
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.
      By the way Tim Small is from Florida and last time I checked it was still in the USA.
      Looks like the USA has been doing a bang up job in 0175, because of Small, Tennell (2), and Anderson. Job well done!!

You are looking at two different classes. Tim Small won O175, a UIM class. Todd Anderson won 175cc Hydro, an APBA class.
    The article in Propeller is correct as written since it was the 175cc Hydro class and it was the first time for a World Championship in that class.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I'm confused then.....
      The Race For The Kids Foundation Race Information which is posted on Hydroracer states the Race was the 2014 UIM Championships in Lake Alfred, FL and it listed the results as 0175. Where not the Drivers running from overseas running in a UIM 0175 Race? Or was it strictly an APBA World Championship Race? Or was it both?

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      2014 UIM Championships In Lake Alfred, FL

Copied from The Race For The Kids Foundation....

"We put on the UIM Championship Boat Races sanctioned by American Power Boat Association & Union International Motonautique! See map below for race site!

Boat races were for the following classes: 0125, 0175 0250, which are all hydroplane classes, and 500cc Runabout and 1100cc Hydroplane! "

• B10L
      B10L commented
      Editing a comment
      The class designation was listed incorrectly in information provided by The Race For the Kids. The class that was run was 175cc Hydro, an APBA class recognized by the UIM as a World Championship. It is my understanding that the UIM no longer has World Championship races for the O175 class.

I stand corrected.
    APBA Race Circular ....."World Championships: O125, O250, 175H, 1100H, 500R"
    Indeed it was 175cc APBA World Championships !!!!

Comment

I think I figured it out......
      From at least 2005 to 2012, 0175 was a UIM class.
      From 2013 to the present, 0175 is not an UIM class so no class champion.
      The race last October was an APBA 175CCH World Championship with drivers from overseas and USA.

B10L is Spot ON, thanks.
      Last edited by ProHydroRacer; 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

The UIM still has the O-175 class. However, they no longer allocate a world championship for the class due to minimal participation. On the other hand, the UIM recognizes all APBA classes as world classes and a WC may be allocated on request of the APBA. Thereby, the Florida race was for APBA's 175ccH.

Fred Hauenstein
        Fred Hauenstein

Comment

• flatsmoke
          flatsmoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations to Todd Anderson who won the 175cc Hydro World Championship, which is an APBA class and sanctioned by the UIM.
      Working...
      X