Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Affordable Racing Fun Starts Here.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Affordable Racing Fun Starts Here.......

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showpr...ctGroup_ID=312

It's hard to beat an affordable package deal for entry level racing that will attract younger racers that boat racing needs to survive. The go kart people have it figured out, so why can't the boat racers emulate their success?

easy they can race every weekend.They do not have to travel 300 to 500 miles to race.They got plenty of tracks to practice.Here in southern california the nearest practice spot is over 200 miles good luck getting time on the weekend to practice unless you are up before dawn.What is a typical entry fee for go karts.my typical entry fee is $320 for 3 classes.i can go on and on but i will let others chime in.

Comment

I do not think this is a good comparison... I would imagine that the cart business pricing is based on a much larger production scale.
      As of today,, who builds mass production hydroplanes,, runabouts and motors??? The closest mass production of any sort
      is the Region 10 J-class hydroplane "build you own" shop.. Kudos to region 10.

Comment

Don't let the initial cost fool you , in my 10 years of cart racing I spent more money than I want to think about . In the class that I ran , it wasn't unusual to destroy 8 to 10 engines in a season . Although fatalitys were rare , there was usually at least a couple shunts that required a trip to the ER at every raceday . I also don't miss the general atmosphere and fist fights in the pits , been there done that good riddance !

Comment

We race with the in boards every race.i am surprised I do not see more kids in stock outboard racing with all the kids they bring to the races.. I ask one guy why doesn't your son race boats he said he is racing go karts.i am also surprised not one single racer has a friend that they brought into the sport.we do have a new potential driver on the horizon..middle 40's adult for c hydro.i am willing to sell my equipment to him at a big loss just to get new racers in the sport.my boat is a 2013 but I can afford to have a new boat built.i recently sold an a hydro 2009 with omc motor for $1400 to get new racer in sport and sold another motor for $1000.i know the price scares most people.away so I do not mind selling my stuff at a substantial loss if it gets a new racer in the sport.so hopefully after our Thanksgiving race we will have a new racer that is hooked and I will be putting my order in for a new boat.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastracing View Post
            We race with the in boards every race.i am surprised I do not see more kids in stock outboard racing with all the kids they bring to the races.. I ask one guy why doesn't your son race boats he said he is racing go karts.i am also surprised not one single racer has a friend that they brought into the sport.we do have a new potential driver on the horizon..middle 40's adult for c hydro.i am willing to sell my equipment to him at a big loss just to get new racers in the sport.my boat is a 2013 but I can afford to have a new boat built.i recently sold an a hydro 2009 with omc motor for $1400 to get new racer in sport and sold another motor for $1000.i know the price scares most people.away so I do not mind selling my stuff at a substantial loss if it gets a new racer in the sport.so hopefully after our Thanksgiving race we will have a new racer that is hooked and I will be putting my order in for a new boat.
            Yes, sometimes its Quite surprising what some people are asking for their equipment that they want to sell, IMHO

Comment

As a brand new racer, I have to say the biggest attraction to this sport, over all other forms of racing, is the people I have met. You can't find nicer people than we have here in Outboard racing. All the politics aside, I have had nothing but tremendous support and advice from everybody I have met. The weekend races I have made, have been like vacations for me, and for that reason, I am trying to sell the sport to all of my friends at the US Merchant Marine Academy, and I see no end to my racing in the foreseeable future. Great sport, great people, never-ending fun. Thank you all for that.

Comment

Are you at the Maritime Academy in Vallejo CA? Joe
                Originally posted by Tugboated View Post
                As a brand new racer, I have to say the biggest attraction to this sport, over all other forms of racing, is the people I have met. You can't find nicer people than we have here in Outboard racing. All the politics aside, I have had nothing but tremendous support and advice from everybody I have met. The weekend races I have made, have been like vacations for me, and for that reason, I am trying to sell the sport to all of my friends at the US Merchant Marine Academy, and I see no end to my racing in the foreseeable future. Great sport, great people, never-ending fun. Thank you all for that.

Comment

• Tugboated
                  Tugboated commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No Joe, I am at the Maritime academy in Kings Point, NY.

• Shane_B
                  Shane_B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tugboated - you a student or facilty member at USMMA? All - USMMA is one of five US Service Academies (USMA (West Point), USNA, USAFA, USCGA, and USMMA). USMMA is probably least known of the Service Academies but a darn good deal to get in - all tuition paid (plus a montlhly stipend) and service to our country afterwards with a good paycheck.

• Tugboated
                  Tugboated commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shane, Yes, I am a senior at USMMA. I am studying marine transportation with hopes of eventually docking ships.

At the worlds it during a discussion it was mentioned that region 3 is growing pretty good due to their driving school it is wa y to get spectators young and old interested once they drive the boat they get hooked as far as cost yes getting started is initially pricey depending on class but just like everything u invest over time for instance I drive one class but am interested in another oh look that motor is available or save up to have a boat built once you get started more things can be acquired later
                Last edited by tcf284; 11-10-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I am new to boat racing. Was always interested after going to Lock Haven for years and watching. I found the driving classes online and decided I should give it a try. Got to try a boat out a Millville, NJ this fall and had a blast. Its a great family sport and really not that expensive. Without seeing the driving classes online leading me to ask questions I would still be just fan. Now I am hooked.

Comment

Working...
                  X