Snowzilla round #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowzilla round #2

I took these photos roughly ten minutes ago :-( we are doomed!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrora...77921259/show/
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Scary......................

Comment

Itll be OK Dan, just turn the news off LOLs. In Jersey we didnt get as much last time but alot still. At least it was lite - sweepable. This stuff today is like 5000psi CONCRETE! Been out shovel-n a few times, shaking my pine trees to dump weight & bangin on my wires with a plastic pipe. Its dropping 2" an hour & is supposed to go till midnight. Ill be out a few more times to clear critical stuff & just hope the power dosent go out. Funny.. been pondering a move to Va.-NC. but apparently not out of the snow belt.
      Team Tower

Comment

Good times
        Attached Files
        Ian Augustine

Comment

Can you say Snow Day! Get a little round sled and have some fun. The heavens are saying go sledding and have some hot chocolate.

Comment

Adding insult to injury..............

Snowplows dumped accumulated snow onto layer that mother nature laid down first. This was Wednesday morning before the snow really hit.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like normal snowbelt pictures from the south shore of Lake Erie.

I can really relate to the winter conditions you are all facing. I live in the south shore area off of Lake Erie. The lake effect snowfall we have is comparable to your situation. Over the years I have learned a few tricks to eliminate the snow plow pile up in my driveway apron. The first trick is to get out and use the snow blower on my driveway before the city plows hit the streets. The second is to clear the area in the street in front of my house so that when the plow goes by, there's no snow for the plow blade to push onto my apron. I always clear the snow about 4-6 feet wider than my driveway. This gives me more room for the next blast of snowfall. I should also note that since I started doing this, I haven't lost a single mail box. There's people around here who build a protective wall to prevent the retrieval of their mail from their front yard.
              Fortunately for us, the cold blast of northwest wind has froze Lake Erie. When this happens the lake effect snow fall is less. Stay warm. Make a few babies, or at least practice making a few. Who knows? Maybe in the future we'll see an increase in the J class registrations along the eastern seaboard mid Atlantic States.

Rick Wagner Sr.

Comment

We got a foot of snow in the trees..

Another good trick is to use a concrete come-along to do preliminary depth control while its still snowing, wont help much when its too deep but great for porches steps & decks
                Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                X