Gas Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Generator

I've been looking for a 5000W gas generator that is made in AMERICA. I've seen a couple that say American made only to find out the engine is imported from China. Am I just chasing my tail here or is there hope .

Thx,
    Sam

American made

Sam - "Briggs and Stratton" makes American made generators. They are listed on the "Still Made in America" products web site (http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/tools.html).

Here is a link to one of their 5000 model generators. Good Luck!

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/eng...ts.aspx?cid=50
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tomtall; 01-02-2010, 10:35 PM.
    Tom L.

Comment

Just a thought..... Once you get the brands figured out, a trip to a large wrecking yard may be in order. A large generator from a wrecked motorhome would probably be low hours, and be a lot quieter than the "construction" models most stores carry. Worth the cost of having to build a rack of some kind.
      Steve
      106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Gens? Gimme a Honda

I've got three "made in America" labeled generators like the one above. They're noisey, have mickey-mouse fuel shut-off valves (or none); fuel tanks with no reserve; have rewinds like the one on your 1960's lawnboy; have floatbowls which are a real chore to find(!) or access in order to drain; shutoff switches which lack reliability; oil fill holes which can't be approached without a long-freaking-funnel; oil drains?-huh? And they'll vibrate themselves across the parking lot.

Why did I buy them? Well 2 of em were factory re-mans and I was in the middle of an ice-storm and had to have power. One of em was given to me because the owner was fed up with it.

Make sure you do some comparison shopping and look for the things I've mentioned. And make sure you check out the Honda's (they might even have been "built" in America). They seem to be much more 'Pit' friendly.

Good luck - Alex

Comment

I clicked this thread because I thought "gas generator" was refering to a politician.

Comment

Working...
          X