bicycle helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bicycle helmet

Does anyone know where I can get a bicycle helmet that won't look like I'm wearing an upside-down Dairy Queen banana split bowl on my head?

I figure I can look like some kind of dork without any help. I just don't want to look like I'm trying to be an aerodynamic helmeted dork.

Originally posted by T Chance View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a bicycle helmet that won't look like I'm wearing an upside-down Dairy Queen banana split bowl on my head?

I figure I can look like some kind of dork without any help. I just don't want to look like I'm trying to be an aerodynamic helmeted dork.
    T, I know what ya mean. Go get a hockey helmet from the local sporting goods store. Paint it green if you need to...

Comment

Originally posted by T Chance View Post

I don't know if you have a helmet and don't like the looks of it or you don't have one, but want to get one that looks nice. So, this is only a suggestion based upon not knowing that info.....

I felt exactly as you do about the bike helmets when I first started to ride. But as time went on I realized that protecting my head was more important than how I looked to others as I rode down the road (or trail). Don't worry about how it looks. All the bike helmets look stupid. Some just look worse than others IMO. It's not a fashion show. Find a decent brand-name bike helmet that fits you properly and is comfortable to wear. If it's comfortable to wear, you will wear it and not even know you have it on. Personally, I like the Giro brand helmet.

Give or take a few miles, I ride 3,000 miles a year and never ride my bike without a helmet - not even for a test ride up the road from my house after I make some adjustments to my bike. My bike helmet. I never leave home without it.

Keep in mind that you only need to hit your head once not wearing a helmet to to change your life in a big way. Be safe and don't worry too much what it looks like. Happy riding!

Comment

Well put Heliarc, well put. Not wearing a helmet can indeed be a life changing experience. Usually not caused by the cyclist but those they share the road with. Gai's bread in Seattle had a slogan "the loaf you save might be your own" - Your Friendly Neighborhood EMT

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Get one at a skate board shop

Comment

Try One of These!!

When you look at the cost of a bicycle helmet why not go with a "Shorty" style motorcycle helmet. Sure it is a tad heavier but not by very much and the impact rating is much higher!! I went with one until i had to stop riding due to my back.

Here is just one link: http://www.helmetcity.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Comment

Kay Harrison and his accident

Has anyone heard how Kay Harrison is doing? For all his years racing only to be seriously injured riding a bike. Hope he is doing much better.

Comment

Cool cycling helmets.

Cycling helmets do not have to look too bad. General rule of thumb the more you spend they will weigh less, vent better, fit better and most importantly look cooler. Check out the Ionas from a company called Giro. The fit is great, it really keeps your head cooler and the carbon fiber makes it stronger and look great. I am sure you could pick one up at a nicer local bike shop. If not we have plenty in stock at the shop that I own (The Racer's Edge) in south Florida.
                John Palmquist

Comment

Working...
                X