Driving through PA on way to a race??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving through PA on way to a race??

Information on a speeding ticket blitz. Look out for Penn dot trucks parked along the road or appearing behind you pacing you, it could be a Trooper driving the truck, it is called "Operation Yellow Jacket" and will be off and on all summer, each district has a truck cleaned up and ready to go!

Watch Your Speed In PA!

USE CRUISE CONTROL AND IF YOU ARE IN THAT MUCH OF A HURRY AT NO MORE THAN 2 MILES ABOVE POSTED SPEED LIMIT.
    THE FEW MINUTES YOU SAVE SPEEDING, ISN'T WORTH A TICKET OR A GAMBLE WITH YOUR LIFE.

Starting today, Pennsylvania will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

Rte. 1 north and south

PA-220

I-99 north and south

I-95 north and south

I-279 north and south

I-276 east and west

I-376 east and west

I-76 east and west

I-80 east and west

I-79 north and south

I-70 east and west

PA-60

PA-66

US-22 & 322

5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in western Pennsylvania , you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you. KDKA and WDVE & CBS3 confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

Driving Ticket fine increase in PA:
    Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of PA Law 39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.00

Please make sure your vehicles have the proper do***ents in them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three do***ents is $519!!!
    DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

Doug,

Nice warning. And if it slows down a few folks and saves even one life it is worth it.

We'd much rather see you spend your money on boat racing than on a speeding ticket!

Drive safe and drive sane!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Teresa, you gotta fix those do***ents for us

Comment

I will take that under advisement and see if there is a way to "allow" words in certain texts.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

There is nothing i hate more then doughnut munching pigs chasing people that drive 10 -15 mph over speed limit on a highway….get a life and do something useful……local streets….different story,… but on highways,….why a speed limit to begin with?
          http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

Comment

Fact: In Florida slow drivers cause more deaths on interstates than fast drivers. I am not certain about the national statistics.

It is a real problem with the blue-haired crowd here in FL.

Most states, not just PA, have increased ticket writing quotas and increased fines this summer as revenue to state and local governments go down.

Just a heads up as most of us drive very long distances across multiple states this is a national trend, not just a PA issue.

cheers
            BW
            302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Slow drivers . . .

Yes indeed. A speed differential among vehicular traffic will cause problems. What I observed in Florida was Blue Hairs motoring along at a steady slow pace, and rednecks in pickemup trucks blazing along at 85mph or so, leaving a trail of empty beer cans in their wake. Not a good mix.

When I gave my "off the record" chat with motorcycle Basic Rider Course students RE expressway travel, I'd tell them not to sweat the speed limit, travel fast enough so you won't get squished by traffic, as in go with the flow. On I-95 north of Richmond that's about 80+ mph.
              carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
              X