Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What stock/mod NEW racing equipment can I buy NOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What stock/mod NEW racing equipment can I buy NOW?

Some of the threads and polls on here got me to thinking about what NEW equipment can be ordered now for stock or mod with a delivery date in the next 2 to 3 months MAX? (Before the '09 season is in full swing.)

Props: Probably not a problem. ???

Boats: Probably too late to get a new boat with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

Complete motors: Yamato 302. Merc 15 from APBA. Any others? (I don't think so.)

Complete lower units: ??? What's available and in what gear ratios?

Gears: ??? What's available?

I've seen several people looking for lower units and gears. Apparently the newest model Yamato hatchet units and gears are NLA. I hear that Bass doesn't have any lower units ready to go either. Haven't heard anything about stock Yamato lower units (doubt that those are a problem though), the Merc units from Dave Scott??? or the Konny/Konig units??? or the Hot Rod units??? What's the scoop?
    Last edited by David_L6; 02-17-2009, 04:15 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Merc 15 brand new probably a week or two to get from APBA.
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Brand New Sidewinder
      Dylan Runne

Comment

Thanks George. I've edited that into my list.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

J/A and Sidewinder foot, yes you can order now
          A, 15, and 20 Sidewinder yes you can order now. The A and 20ci are probationary, but you can order them.
          Tohatsu you can order but it might be more then 3 months
          Gene Schertz 26V
          TEAM CAFFEINE
          Cranked up and ready to Roll
          Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Originally posted by racer3j View Post
            Brand New Sidewinder
            Where can I order one? How long after I order can I expect delivery? What class(es) are available?

(Just out of curiosity, how much $$$ ?).

Comment

Originally posted by 371-M
              4500.00 bones, you can have one as soon as you pay for it, PM John Runne he can hook you up

Thanks for that info. I won't be contacting John Runne though. As far as I know there are no dual engine classes in APBA, AOF, or NBRA. It would take at least two 20" Sidewinders to push my arse to an acceptable speed. That's why my small motor is 44" modified Merc (D/E Mod).

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                Where can I order one? How long after I order can I expect delivery? What class(es) are available?

(Just out of curiosity, how much $$$ ?).
                Apparently Sidewinder is not interested in advertising on HR since its been over three years now since anyone has been in touch with me oh well...
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

contact Lee Teitz for c lower units from what I have seen they are really good units, all billett cnc built no word on working under a 44
                  Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                    Apparently Sidewinder is not interested in advertising on HR since its been over three years now since anyone has been in touch with me.

Dan, that's one of the reasons for this thread. Getting information about the Sidewinder motor(s) is harder than finding info to build a nuclear bomb. That info needs to be here on HydroRacer. If not here, where? Word of mouth and newsletters like it was 25 years ago? Try to name just one other site that racers go to for current events and info!

Comment

Dan, that's one of the reasons for this thread. Getting information about the Sidewinder motor(s) is harder than finding info to build a nuclear bomb. That info needs to be here on HydroRacer. If not here, where? Word of mouth and newsletters like it was 25 years ago? Try to name just one other site that racers go to for current events and info!
                      I agree Dave but I have made several post over the few weeks offering my help and asking for a Racing Outboards rep to contact me but no luck. Ron had been in touch with me a few years back and even paid for a years worth of advertising but then everything just dried up.
                      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
                        contact Lee Teitz for c lower units from what I have seen they are really good units, all billett cnc built no word on working under a 44
                        Who do I buy a lower unit from for a D, E, or Super E?

Comment

If your looking for information on sidewinders go to www.racingoutboards.com.
                          Dylan Runne

Comment

D E SE Lower Units

Good luck finding a new unit for any of thse classes. We have tried to buy a new Yamato unit for 2+ years with no luck. I think you can buy a unit from some of the pro manufacturers but I am not sure. We have bought two stock Yamato units and shaped them to use under a 44.
                            Keith Kampen

Comment

Who do I buy a lower unit from for a D, E, or Super E?
                              As of a few weeks ago Seaway had some

Comment

Working...
                              X