Boatnik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boatnik

Grant Garcia and deck rider George Brown on their way to victory in the first Boatnik at Grants Pass in 1959. This year will be the 52nd running and promises to challenge the drivers with big water.
    Attached Files

cool picture

i like those old photos larry... hope you have a good season...
    Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
      i like those old photos larry... hope you have a good season...
      A good season for Larry is a lot of broken boats
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Rob Watson wins Boatnik 2011

Congratulation to Rob Watson winning Boatnik in big water conditions!
        Attached Files

Comment

Robert Calvosa stuff

Robert Calvosa stuffing his boat into a green roller. Driver is OK but boat is not.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice pic there of Calvosa's nosedive. I'm sure flying down the river without a boat under you is a whole other ballgame... Congrats to Watson on the Boatnik title. As I'm currently on the other side of the country, I didn't get to be there, but the pictures in the Courier that my folks sent me are interesting. That picklefork he ran looks a lot like the boat Keen was running there for a while. Am I right? By the way, what happened to the McGuinness boys? Were they off their roughwater groove, or was Rob just way too fast on the flatwater?

Comment

I have video of the first few Boatniks on DVD from my families old 8mm film. I love looking back at all the old stuff.
              Good enough for who it's for

Comment

Back in the days of runabouts and iron knees!

Comment

Congratulations to Jeff Lewis of Grants Pass on winning his 9th career Boatnik title. Jeff has been racing for 43 years. He is now the all time leader in Boatnik victories breaking a tie with Don Burnison of Grants Pass. Jeff had wrecked his new boat in practice a few days before the race and pulled his and Don Burnison's old boat "The Geezer Rocket" out of the barn for one more ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Darneille View Post
                    Congratulations to Jeff Lewis of Grants Pass on winning his 9th career Boatnik title. Jeff has been racing for 43 years. He is now the all time leader in Boatnik victories breaking a tie with Don Burnison of Grants Pass. Jeff had wrecked his new boat in practice a few days before the race and pulled his and Don Burnison's old boat "The Geezer Rocket" out of the barn for one more ride.
                    Lets here it for the gray haired crowd.. Old guys can still "get r done"
                    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

That was some great racing, but the biggest loss in the first leg i have ever seen. Glad that everyone is ok now. Ill have my videos up on youtube soon. Congrats again to Jeff Lewis!

Comment

Curious

Is this the same Jeff Lewis who ran a kneeler through the Modesto Kilo's at around 140-150 mph. I believe it is as he was from Oregon if I remember correctly.

Todd

Comment

Yes it is the same Jeff Lewis. The kilo boat still sits in his shop. In years past he has made a few exhibition passes at the city park in Grants Pass during the Boatnik drag boat exhibitions.

Comment

Jeff Lewis

Thanks for the reply I have a couple old pictures of his boat on the trailer at Modesto. I still remember how sweet it sounded when he went through the traps.

Todd

Comment

I have pictures and maybe some video of that boat of Jeff Lewis, i'll look tonight. Here is the 2012 Boatnik video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ1FBauQUA0

Comment

Working...
                              X