X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• << photos>>

Get a Hydro and come PLAY !!
    Attached Files

You guys are a little crazy. Plus do you know what forms rivers? Ice and snow!!!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Crazy

That looks like it would be a blast to do. Great pictures
      Todd

Comment

Definitely want to try this out.... However, I don't think one of these rigs would fit on our tailer.

-Bill

Comment

Southern Oregon and Northern California have a huge snowpack so it will be a big water season with late spring and summer runoff. Winter is having a hard time giving up though.

Comment

These hydro's handle very good when there set up right , it's alot easier than it looks. And way more fun!!

Comment

so is it better to run in high water conditions or when the rivers are down?

Comment

looks like fun. a few of you guys should come to top o and run. i bet youd do great in the rivers and would love the rough lakes. it would be interesting to see a hydro class there too.
                Which way was the shiny side supposed to go? Up?

Chris
                ~322-M~

Comment

High water you have big compression swells , big rapids and big logs and debree floating, low water you have Big rocks just lurking under the surface waiting to attack your gearcase and prop, in low water you sometimes have 2 or 3 hydros approaching a spot where ther is only room for one to make it through the channel. So it can be a challenge either way. Either way the objective is the same , Beat your buddies back to the trailers where the cold BEER is !!!!

Comment

To cool ......

CMH. 61R
                    Short Fuze Racing
                    Team Darneille
                    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                    IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

I find it interesting that the air traps only go back towards the transom half way, no turn fin and they use only the 44 Merc!!

Comment

The boats use a center fin so they can turn both right and left. The shorter air trap allow the boat to make the long river corners. Some river bends can be a half mile long. They basically are in a controlled slide in the river bends. A full air trap will not allow the boat to slide and also has a tendency to blow the boat over in the headwinds. The quickest way down or up the river is in a straight line so the driver runs a straight line as long as possible. They pre run the rivers in jet boats picking land marks to make turns and avoid obstacles. The 44 cu. in. Mercury was chosen as the only engine in the early 1960's primarily due to availabilty and the ease of a single engine rule. It was preceded primarily by the Mercury 55 H 40 cu. in. which is still legal if anyone chose to run it. There are enough 44's out there to run for years.

Comment

Late rains, snowmelt, debris- situation normal! Just finishing is a big achievement . Very high attrition rate. When the river's rippin' , it takes huge nards just to get in the boat. The River is your main opponent, and the River Always wins, eventually. That's probably why we are such a close-knit group. Yeah, we've got a few big 'personalities' but there's not one of us who wouldn't dive in to help a racing brother.

Comment

I think I know of a couple Maine women who might be up for that... got any 'sisters' out there running?

Comment

Maine Women

Dated a gal from Maine- meanest woman I ever met! She didn't race, but she could back the crap out of the trailer. God, I miss her.....

Comment

Working...
                              X