Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G Stillwill
    Top picture is a 1957 A/B and the other is a 1962 Short Sponson ASH
    Hey George, That is a great design contrast between your avatar photo and your dad's old Sids.
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Sid Craft deck recover

Replacing the cloth decking on a Sid or any boat is a really simple procedure. You can get Ceconite (dacron cloth) from Wicks or Aircraft Spruce. They also sell a manual about Ceconite for 5 bucks containing everything you need to know. Get an electric stapler and monel or stainless staples. Drape the cloth over the deck, after it is stapled you can use a hair dryer to shrink the Ceconite. Make sure you don't over shrink the cloth, you can create some distortion by going crazy with the hair dryer. Make absolutely sure that the area to be covered has no nailheads standing proud, they'll show through once the deck has been painted. I wouldn't go to the expense of aircraft dope, stuff is pretty expensive these days.
      Ed Hatch

Comment

I just refinished a 1964 Sid DSH. Aircraft Spruce in Georgia was very helpful. I used the poly-fiber. If you use the correct glue you don't "have to" staple it like we did before. I haven't put a cloth deck on since '68 and I think it is easier today with the new materiels. One thing hasn't changed- the smell. Brenda made me take her out for supper while I was doing this project! Be patient and get the book on "how-to". These boats look great guys~!!
        Bill Giles
        racer giles

Comment

Sid Craft

Thanks for the info, here is a couple of pictures of Hell's Bells. If anyone has information about this boat I would be interested.

Comment

joel
            the pictures didnt show up. if it is the ab sid and has hells bells and also has the flatter cowl it is a 57 model and belonged to my friend hal franks from wooster oh. hal and i both had sid hydros in 57 and won a lot of races with them that year.
            i am in florida at this time but will be going to canton for the summer. would like to see your boat if you have time to show it.
            john

Comment

John,
              Send me a email when you get back to Canton , my boat is in Massillon.

joelogan@connectusainc.com
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X