Old Sid~Craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Sid~Craft

Here is an old sidcraft we pulled out of the shed and are going to start restoring. Also a picture of a Quincy "D" looper we will be hanging on it.
    The boat had the cloth deck and the rest of the decking replaced by Kenny Krier bacl in the late 70's. The motor was reconditioned a few years ago.
    Attached Files
    DOUG SCHULTZ--HERE FOR THE SUPPORT OF OUR SPORT

I wanna Test

I want to take that bad boy for a ride when you get her all done !
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

fuel?

Doug does it still run on alcohol.? Nothing like that smell, like the song says"smell that smell".
      RichardKCMo
      RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

1962 Sid Craft

I have an original 1962 Sid Craft that looks identicle to the one in your picture, except mine has the cloth deck and Hells Bells painted on the sides.
        Did you finish restoring yours? Do you have additional info on the boat?

Comment

Sid's

Had a 67 or 68 Sid/Son 12'3 or 12'6 [ John Schubert would remember. he had a hand in it] Ran a Cresent on it. Stuffed it at Waddington NY, Don't remember what happened to it W.D.H.

Comment

joel
            where are you located? that boat could have belonged to my friend in wooster ohio. if so it is a 57 ab sidcraft. he still has his ab sid hornet runabout.
            jw maddrell

Comment

Hey JoeLogan !

Originally posted by joelogan View Post
              I have an original 1962 Sid Craft that looks identicle to the one in your picture, except mine has the cloth deck and Hells Bells painted on the sides.
              Did you finish restoring yours? Do you have additional info on the boat?
              Do you have a picture of 'Hells Bells" ?
              -It was my old CSH, It was my Dad's A Alky Anzani boat when it was new. Would love to see it again.
              Larry Spencer

Comment

The 1957 Sids had a different cowl then that. That cowling style came out in 1961 and continued after that as standard.
                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

1962 Sidcraft

I bought it off of my grandfather Glen Mizer from Canton,Ohio.
                  It's still in great shape other than the 2 holes my kids put in the canvas. I would like to get the canvas replaced if anybody has any ideas.
                  I also have the Mercury Hurricane , got it up to 65 mph last time I had it out.
                  I will take some pictures over the weekend and post them.

Comment

Top picture is a 1957 A/B and the other is a 1962 Short Sponson ASH
                    Attached Files
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Sid Craft Hydro's

The first four pictures are of my 1957 A/B Sid and the last one is of my brothers 1962? C/D Waldman Sid. The A/B has not been restored and last ran about 1959.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joelogan View Post
                        I bought it off of my grandfather Glen Mizer from Canton,Ohio.
                        It's still in great shape other than the 2 holes my kids put in the canvas. I would like to get the canvas replaced if anybody has any ideas.
                        I also have the Mercury Hurricane , got it up to 65 mph last time I had it out.
                        I will take some pictures over the weekend and post them.
                        Replace the cover is easy. Go to Aircraft Spruce.com they the have Dope and Fabric you need. Or go to a local Aircraft Mechanics school and they can show you how.
                        bill b

Comment

Deck..............

Joe.............This is a piece of cake. I was about 12 when my Dad taught me to do a linen/dope deck. I have been EXTREMELY lucky since then and am happy with all the ones I have done. All you need is 3 or 4 square yards of aircraft linen, some linen tape, and some nitrate dope. Getting all this stuff is harder than doing the job. If I can help, feel free to e-mail. Have fun..........

Comment

Working...
                          X