Curwensville, PA 2006 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curwensville, PA 2006 Photos

Undaunted by the fact that TRORA invited a professional photographer to work the race at Curwensville, PA July 1 and 2, High Point Photography turned their lenses to the water in the hopes of catching a good shot or two.

If I can wrestle the computer away from my bride on July 4th, who is working on a graduate course, I'll post ALL of our photos, good and not so good from Saturday's limited schedule. I'll worry about the tweaking and fixing of individual photos later...

NOTES: Click the image below to see a better resolution. This photo will eventually be removed to save server space. Download it sooner rather than later if you like it.
    Last edited by Mark 72@E; 07-03-2006, 08:45 PM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Great shot! did you ever post the photos from Millville, NJ ? I just looked at your web site and cant seem to find them ?

Photo Reflect

Thanks
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Love that picture. I'm afraid that it might be bounced up that high. Still have some tweaking to do.
      Thanks
      Dylan
      Justice
      41-S

Comment

I Get Lazy

Dan,

No, I haven't posted all the photos from Millville, NJ. I get lazy. And after enough time passes I lose interest.

Which is why this time, for Curwensville, I said that I would try to post them all today. I'm working on them now. It's hard not to do SOMETHING to them. As you taught me Dan, a good photo can become a great photo with just a little tweaking.

The danger of posting ALL the photos from a race is that there are many similar shots. And they're all not great, or even good for that matter. Austin and I don't want to be known for mediocre photos.

All it takes is a little time...and concentration...LOOK! There's a fly on the wall!

NOTES: Click the image below to see a better resolution. This photo will eventually be removed to save server space. Download it sooner rather than later if you like it.
        @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
        72@E
        Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Thanks Mark trust me I understand, I still have the race day weather up from a few weekends ago so I can't talk

Thanks for the great shots!
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 72@E
            ..... All it takes is a little time...and concentration...LOOK! There's a fly on the wall!
            A boat racer with attention deficit disorder? It can't be, can it? Where are my shoes?, never mind I'll stay inside and wash dishes, wash one dish and a fork ... I know there was another fork, I'll go find it ... hey this book is interesting ... aren't the soccer semi-finals today? I better check my email, and Hydroracer ... and eBay ... cool, look at these shoes, just like mine, glad I bought them cheaper than that! ... where are my shoes? never mind, I'll check out Mark's pictures ... LOOK! There's a fly on the wall! ... I wonder if they sell old fashioned flyswatters on eBay?

Comment

Curwensville, PA 2006 photos are now online!

Curwensville, PA 2006 photos are now online! Enjoy! I’m going to watch fireworks!

Click here >>>> Curwensville, PA 2006 Photos

or go to http://highpoint.photoreflect.com and click Curwensville, PA 2006.

The thumbnails are in the order that they were taken on Saturday.

Personally, I think you should order a photo from this collection if:

1) You won your very first boat race at Curwensville, PA

2) You won a class and Curwensville, PA was the very first time you raced this class

3) Your finish at Curwensville, PA was the highest you have ever placed in your racing career

4) You passed the boat in front of you in the last turn of the last lap of the last heat after eating his spray the entire race

5) You have decided that racing in white caps is easy or that white caps simply give your boat the lift it needs.

6) You have posted “Love that picture” in a thread on hydroracer.net
              Last edited by Mark 72@E; 07-05-2006, 09:32 AM.
              @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
              72@E
              Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Great pictures Mark here are some of Val Pal getting ready for ASH and In ASH and Matt in 20SSH
                Attached Files
                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the great photos!
                  Joe Silvestri
                  CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                  JH/JR

Comment

In my humble opinion

Joe,

Thanks for the compliment.

In my humble opinion I think you should add this photo to your collection (for a very modest fee) and split your hydroracer.net avatar between your CSR and your CSH. Otherwise your CSR might develop some sort of inferiority complex. Other than a crash, flip, or barrelroll, what more could you want from a photo?

By the way, your dad stopped by at Curwensville and we had a chat -- ask him what we talked about. I had to ask him who he was because I didn't notice at first that he had a 36-S insignia on his red shirt. I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer...
                    Last edited by Mark 72@E; 07-06-2006, 03:01 AM.
                    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                    72@E
                    Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Very nice shot!
                      HTML Code:

Comment

I agree Mark, that is a very nice photo. It was my favorite out of the shots you took of me. I'll have to check out your website and order a copy. Thanks.

I'll have to ask my dad what your conversation was with him.
                        Joe Silvestri
                        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                        JH/JR

Comment

Mark,

Order has been made. Thanks.
                          Joe Silvestri
                          CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                          JH/JR

Comment