Yukon 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon 800

This race is located in Alaska. It starts at 11am in Fairbanks Saturday June 24, 2006 heading 400 miles on the Tanana and Yukon rivers to Galena. Sunday morning at 6am is the return to Fairbanks. The website is http://www.yukon800.com << check it out
    There are three persons to a boat. The motors are usually 50hp Yamaha semi-mod stock. Top speeds between boats range from 68-76mph. Don't believe it? Watch and listen Clinton Huntington's boat in the video, which is on the website. That was a 40hp motor! But he crashed and destroyed that boat on a test run after last years race. But this year he built a new boat. So has a number of other people. I think it'll be 4 new boats this year. I'll be racing with my dad in his brand new boat as well.
    Attached Files
    yes
    50.00%
    no
    50.00%
    Last edited by gigabytes_ca; 06-17-2006, 11:56 PM.

Why 3 people, what's the story behind that?

Any race that requires "a rifle or shotgun with a min 10 rounds must be carried", is a pretty hard core event!

Other min requirements, 6 meals per person, space blanket, hatchet.
    Must not be a Motel 6 close

Comment

There is a good article on this race in woodenboat magazine from a couple of years ago.

Comment

Z Craft

looks like a Frankie Z design

Comment

could you get me this article? i would much appreciate it. thank you.

Comment

Zorken boats

Frank builds a so /mod runabout that has very flat lines that looks like what you run . You might find some pics here. frank dosen't have Internet. I could Pm you with his phone# if you like. I'm sure the simalaritys are just superficial.

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112
              Why 3 people, what's the story behind that?

Any race that requires "a rifle or shotgun with a min 10 rounds must be carried", is a pretty hard core event!

Other min requirements, 6 meals per person, space blanket, hatchet.
              Must not be a Motel 6 close
              Hey rick, me thinks they are called ,RULES, we seem to not have a lot of those, these days, KNOW W hat yer prloy rite , Who needs em? 3, maybe 4 boat heats, sounds like we need more of that.
              RichardKCMo
              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Working...
              X