Newberg Photos are online now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newberg Photos are online now!

58th Annual Newberg Memorial Weekend Boat Races. Newberg, OR, May 28, 2006. Photos by Mike and Denise Johnson.
    Newberg Photo Album
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Newberg

Nice work ! I love the way you caught the action!!
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

My Mug

Hey, thats my ugly mug up there on hydroracer. By the way, yea the race is brutal and abusive to the body, and equiptment (to a point). BUT in a lot of those pictures we're coming out of such tight corners that we're only going around 40 (rough guess) in an A stock, so not as much risk of crashing at those speeds.

Comment

Marketing

Originally posted by jpro60
        Hey, thats my ugly mug up there on hydroracer. By the way, yea the race is brutal and abusive to the body, and equiptment (to a point). BUT in a lot of those pictures we're coming out of such tight corners that we're only going around 40 (rough guess) in an A stock, so not as much risk of crashing at those speeds.
        Hey Mikey - don't give away trade secrets like that Oh, that's right; you're not chasing festival princesses anymore

The oohs and aahs from the crowd indicate that they get off on that stuff. It "looks" dangerous - makes it a good marketing tool. Come for the "crash", see a boat race.

And when you pop airborne at the upriver end of the chute, it is dangerous and can get one a Helldiver award. Just ask John and Jon the last two years

And thanks for the kind words Phil - I'll pass it on to Denise. You should have seen the one that got away
        Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
        sigpic
        Portland, Oregon
        Johnson Racing

Comment

John not Jon

FYI: My left nut is doing much better, thank you.
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499
            FYI: My left nut is doing much better, thank you.
            Nice touch John! I'd give my left one for a couple good props right now.

Mike and Denise, thanks again for the nice pics. I sure enjoy them. You just had to show the one with the yellow buoy on my boat didn't you! I'll try and make that turn a bit wider next year!!
            Sean Byrne

Comment

the one that got away

a momentary switch to apeture priority, and we lost a few, including this one.

didn't get Guedo and his "wedgimatic" ride a couple years ago either
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Cameraboy; 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM.
              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
              sigpic
              Portland, Oregon
              Johnson Racing

Comment

Working...
              X