Attached Files

Comment

Standish Maine 2008
      Attached Files
      Team
      Main
      Racing

Comment

I see that some of you are repeat offenders.......
        Attached Files

Comment

a few more
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PhotoGirl; 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Catch A Wave

Congratulations benf27, your thread has turned into one of the most popular threads of all time here on hydroracer.net (in my opinion). So before I begin posting photos from years gone by, here are some of our “flying high” photos from 2008. All are from the inboard race at Cambridge, Maryland 2008. And before you all think “these aren’t worthy”, remember that one human year is equal to about seven dog years. And that one inch of inboard lift is equal to about seven inches of outboard lift…
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mark 72@E; 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM.
            @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
            72@E
            Former Boat Racer
            21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
            20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Here's some older unlimited stuff (from the days of film) - y'all probably know some of these guys. The first is Mark Tate in the Winston Eagle (if you saw the condition of the cockpit after this incident, you would appreciate Mark's presence on the beach that much more). Number two is Steve David in the right sponson-up turn flip. In the thrid, look closely and see an experimental unlimited about to re-enter stern first (again, Ken Dryden was lucky to survive this one). Last, Mike Hanson in the midst of a puzzling low-speed hop-spin in the DeWalt boat.
              Attached Files
              Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
              sigpic
              Portland, Oregon
              Johnson Racing

Comment

Here's some serious big boat big air - Dave Villwock at Tri-Cities a couple of years ago. I liked JW Myers' "aerial show in reverse" at Detroit that year better, but I didn't take those pictures. BTW - Villwock returned, in the same boat, to win the race.
                Attached Files
                Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                sigpic
                Portland, Oregon
                Johnson Racing

Comment

Not to leave the little inboard guys out - here's Rob Lisk waving to the crowd like the air show folks do, and Phil Bononcini with a tail stand. Back in the film and 300mm lens days.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Cameraboy; 12-04-2008, 09:34 AM. Reason: fix name
                  Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                  sigpic
                  Portland, Oregon
                  Johnson Racing

Comment

This is Tim King about 7 yrs ago. He did land it facing the opposite way and was able to drive away. Photo by the magnificent Teri Ziemer
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SE23; 12-04-2008, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Anyone can fly the bow, how about flying sideways. I kept it rolling out front for the win.
                      Photo-Roland Dechert
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ricochet112; 12-04-2008, 12:25 PM. Reason: credits

Comment

Rick Love on the outside and Joe Johnson on the inside. Rick fell out, Joe kept going. Photo again by the Lil Teri Ziemer (Im in deep s..t!!)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Did you pull out of that one Mike, or on your way to a hook?
                          Bill Schwab
                          Miss KTDoodle #62C
                          -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Originally posted by Skoontz View Post
                            Did you pull out of that one Mike, or on your way to a hook?
                            I had some luck on my side and I pulled it out
                            It was my first time back in 25SSH for a few years and I forgot rule number 1 for 25; never back off until the boat is set first I fell into a little hole entering the rough turn 2 at Cullaby, I clamped it back on and didn't lose position.

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
                              I had some luck on my side and I pulled it out
                              It was my first time back in 25SSH for a few years and I forgot rule number 1 for 25; never back off until the boat is set first I fell into a little hole entering the rough turn 2 at Cullaby, I clamped it back on and didn't lose position.
                              was that before or after i spun out lol
                              28-R

Comment

That was a good race .... you were running 20SS and leading the pack before hitting the hole and spinning out .... but as usual you stayed with the ship like a good captain!
                                BOPP

Comment

Working...
                                X