Flying High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe

We have not lugged the motor so we could pull more prop (we used our largest), best I saw at D-Lake was 134. So yes, possible, but every mph from here on will get tougher. Another thought, since my wreck (yr 2000) I have been to four kilos and D-Lake 2009 was the first time to get an actual run. In addition, every run is a test as we don't have the ???? to run without good safety crews. Water condition is a major factor! Luck even more!!

Sean

Comment

• Sean;
      Major congratulations. No testing but a record of 130mph. We'll start at 130mph next time we get good water, and try for 135mph. I'm ready when you are.
      Dad

Comment

• Jeff Main 21-A

Me at Kingston NH 2009
        Attached Files
        Team
        Main
        Racing

Comment

• Better To Be Lucky Than Good???? I Don't Think So.!!! I Still Hold This Accomplishment In Awe

Comment

• Mirrors ?

Sean - I noticed you had the mirrors on the boat when you made your run. Would taking the mirrors off help reduce drag and increase speed or would it not be enough to help ?

Comment

• Flying High

Has anyone taken their test for a pilot's license? Don't let the FAA see these.
              e.
              Ye Olde Desert Geezer

Comment

• Top O 1984

1984 coming into the Indian River in my McCortie 15ssR YeeeHaaaw!!!

Gootz
                Attached Files

Comment

• Who's this?

Do not know who it is, but wow!
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

• Lock Haven 2009

Yeah, there were some rollers
                    Attached Files
                    I always thought growing up would be cool, I was wrong!
                    The other day GG laughed at me because I take more pills a day than she does....

Comment

• Originally posted by Skoontz View Post
                      Are the skiffs still lap straked wood, or like everything else have they popped a mold of glass?
                      They are glass now but some wood skiffs are probably still around. Many years ago I got to go see the races in a wood oldie with a Ford 272 inside. It would cruise at 50 pretty well & go a little faster full speed. Modern Outlaws go around 80 with 350 Chevy's.
                      Team Tower

Comment

• Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                        Sean - I noticed you had the mirrors on the boat when you made your run. Would taking the mirrors off help reduce drag and increase speed or would it not be enough to help ?
                        That picture was from Saturday. I took the mirrors off right after that run. So 132.9 pass = no mirrors. Always had them on before, read the rule book and did not know until this year no mirror okay for Kilo's

Comment

• Capsule Training

Anyone know where when there would be capsule training this offseason. Don't want to put this off. This is the last time I "Trained"
                          Attached Files

Comment

• DePue ?

Was that from the Depue accident ?

Comment

• Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                              Was that from the Depue accident ?
                              Yes, nine month old boat. Gary Pugh said the record in this boat was pretty good for a boat that most would have been a main attraction at a weenie roast!

Comment

• Sean, We(Black Diamond) have a capsule class in late Feb. early Mar. in Kankakee. I know that is a little far north for you but if you are in town.

Comment

Working...
                                X