You go, George!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You go, George!

Another of Austin's great shots from Sunday at Millville, NJ.

George, would now be a good time to explain that, um, "helmet cover"????

This photo will eventually be removed to conserve server space. Download it sooner rather than later if you like it.

P.S. Dan -- You're the one that taught me the value of hand-tweaking my photos by showing me the before and after difference of my photo you liked from the inboard races at Cambridge, MD last year. Besides, the Aperture software from Apple requires a faster Macintosh than what I have at home or at work. Or maybe I just enjoy the tease of presenting one awesome photo at a time...
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Originally posted by Mark 72@E
    Or maybe I just enjoy the tease of presenting one awesome photo at a time...

And it is that

Comment

Mark thats a great shot that Austin took bring a copy of it to Sharpstown and I will buy it off of you. Now about the helmet cover which has now became a converstion piece, refered to as the Bro cap....lol.....I broke my yellow helmet when I went out of the BSH at Williamsport last year. I picked up a new Shoie for a good price but has a fancy paint job and intended to paint it when I had the time to but in the mean time taped a orange hunters cap on it to make a long storie short its became such a converstion piece plus has brought me pretty good luck I have just left it on in fact I got an extra cap as a back up just in case this one gets lost....lol....now thats the rest of the storie
      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

The Mind of a 14 Year Old

George,

Here's some insight into the mind of a 14 year old. Obviously from the photos I've posted we were in an excellent spot Sunday at Millville, NJ. I've got the tiller handle of the patrol boat outboard in one hand and I'm hoisting the flags with my other. Austin is holding the walkie-talkie in one hand and he's got a free hand for the camera.

But after a while I noticed that he put the camera down. "C'mon, Austin," I say, "keep taking photos."

"But they all look the same...it's the same boats coming around lap after lap."

Then I try to explain at length how even professional photographers will talk about how many photos they have to take to get one great photo and it's worth it to keep shooting hoping to get one superb shot. That you need to be ready, camera in hand. He didn't agree. He was bored. (This same series of Austin's photos includes a water bottle, a turn buoy, and his foot.)

When Austin gets his share of the $15 we'll ask for the print of this photo, it will >>>do more<<< to keep him shooting the next time than all the words coming from my mouth.

Thank you for your support.
        Last edited by Mark 72@E; 05-12-2006, 05:59 AM.
        @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
        72@E
        Former Boat Racer
        21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
        20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Hi George................

We alll love the helmet. See ya soon.

Val-Pal & Dad

Comment