Trophy girls, spectators, great photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy girls, spectators, great photos

The race last Sunday (May 7th) Ventanas, Ecuador.

When is the last time you have seen spectators like this at your local boat race.

There is no one knee below the cockpit rule.

With trophy girls like that, who cares if the figure heads on the trophys are sail boats.

33-M Fred Miller?

3rd right from bottom, no enclosed trailers, no fenders, lights or license plate. Boat on left is standard class.

Bottom right photo, 75hp merc carb on Yamato 302

Web Site and Photo Album
    Attached Files

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems like this is real boat racing not the bickering which goes on here state side.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it !
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Great Pic's

Darrell,

Looks like you had a great time. I like the innovation. 33-M, HMMMMM!?

Warbs
      64*W

Comment

a couple of those shot remind me of stover hire in the day he ran B runabout

standing , knees bent and butt in the carb lolol

good ole days
        Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Cesar Patino, George Tenorio, Felipe Adell (F-22) plus others from Ecuador will be racing at Top'O Michigan Aug. 12-13

Comment

How fast are those guys going? Those boats sure do look small for C runabouts. They look more like B boats.
            Ryan Runne
            9-H
            Wacusee Speedboats
            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

ya boats look small as i read it said they were 25 xs motors , i saw some pipes so they are probably like a 25 mod runabout

but the pics may be decieving as the boats looked like approx 10 feet in length

after looking again they may even be more like 9' lolol wheeeeeeee
              Last edited by RandY Aveline; 05-09-2006, 09:01 AM.
              Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

3 meter

Most of the boats are copies of 10' Austins.They would be wise to add at least a foot to their boats. They started running 25SS motors in the 70's. Two drivers from Ecuador were racing at the Dayton nationals in '75. They race what ever is available. Their racing class uses Merc 25sx and Yamato 302s. I think there are more Yamatos than Mercs now.
                The standard class is limited to 25hp gear shift motors.
                Speed - a little over 60 mph. A few of the standard class boats are going that fast also.

Darrell

Comment

Holy cow!!

Wow those are some awesome pics!!! i love the guys whose friggin STANDING in his boat!!! It looks like you guys had some wild rides.
                  64W & 22B

Comment

looks like cut safety isn't high on their priorities but it sure looks like they are having fun!!

Comment

Working...
                    X