John Force kicks off 2018 NHRA season with a Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Force kicks off 2018 NHRA season with a Bang

During the second round of qualifying on the opening day of the NHRA season, funny car driver John Force would go for a wild ride after enduring a big explosion during the Winternationals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona. Before we get to the fireworks, here is what Johns car looked like to begin the...

Read More

More...

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

His style hasn’t changed over the last 30 years. Give him a 7 out of 10 on style points for this one. The one I remember the most was the one where he skidded into the sandtrap at the end of the track with no body, chute and tires. Just charred remains. He blew a motor that year about a half dozen races in a row with the same result.

Comment

Unbelievable horsepower in these Funny Cars and Top Fuel Dragsters. 11,000 HP, 500 cubic inches using 90% Nitro Methane. A split second after they launch they are going 100 MPH.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Some years ago someone asked John if he would ever move up to Top Fuel. His response was "if I spend $20,000 on a motor I want to be able to watch it when it blows up."
        kk

Comment

Working...
        X