X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Top'O Pictures

Great Shots of this years action.

http://www.jopho.exposuremanager.com...thon_nationals
    Last edited by Tomtall; 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM.
    Tom L.

Saturday evening view

Saturday evening moon rising over Mullet Lake in front of "The Breakers" bar.

If you come to this race once you will want to come back.
    It's Gods country up there.
    Attached Files
    Tom L.

Comment

All the photo galleries from both Sat. and Sun. are now on-line.

http://jopho.exposuremanager.com/g/2...thon_nationals

Nice shot of the Lake Tom.

Comment

great pics, who is the guy in the white v - bottom boat (csr 6'R )
        William Haddock
        111-F

Comment

The White Vee Bottom...6-R

The White Vee, which actually, as I remember, has a very narrow flat bottom to the Vee is Roland Dechert. He is seventy one years of age and quite a fixture around Top'O'. I had a chance to talk to him at the pits Saturday morning. He mentioned that he wanted to do this until he is Seventy five years old, and then he mentioned that he had a boat that can hold two, and after turning seventy-five, he would like to do it with his wife.
          I wonder if she knows about it yet.
          I'm still summing up my thoughts about the great time we all had at KampKurz in the days leading up the what we all know to be the greatest boat race ever.
          For sure one of the many highlights was leading the 'Sorte' into the pits on Saturday morning with our first J in the mix. Hats off to Mitchell Dotson for making the trip into the pits with us. And of course, having one of greates B-runabout drivers...Cooper Jess along for the ride was pretty cool as well.
          More thoughts to follow, KampKurz C57M

Comment

The Kamp and more

The White Vee, which actually, as I remember, has a very narrow flat bottom to the Vee is Roland Dechert. He is seventy one years of age and quite a fixture around Top'O'.
            Roland also happens to live in Oregon. He drives to Top'O every year just for this race. An amazing man living his dream.

Mark - I also want to commend you for your hospitality at "Kamp Kurz" and inviting all of us to stay there, test and enjoy the fun year after year. Coming down to the pits with the "Kamp Kurz" posse on Saturday morning was a thrill for Adam and somthing he will never forget. Thank you.
            Tom L.

Comment

video clip

Well the helmet cam video came out pretty good. Below is a link to a small part of the weekend of racing as seen through my eyes. This link is just a glimpse of Sunday’s race. The camera takes 45 minute videos, so the rest of the race will be coming. I’m still trying to teach myself how to edit and clip video’s, so more will be coming soon. Here is just a small clip of what I have so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22y_CIKeIFQ

Comment

Very cool Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
                  Well the helmet cam video came out pretty good. Below is a link to a small part of the weekend of racing as seen through my eyes. This link is just a glimpse of Sunday’s race. The camera takes 45 minute videos, so the rest of the race will be coming. I’m still trying to teach myself how to edit and clip video’s, so more will be coming soon. Here is just a small clip of what I have so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22y_CIKeIFQ
                  Why not post your footage on HRTV where the majority of racers can view them right on the front page of HR. don't worry about 100mb limit you can push it much further and Brightcove will still accept your clips.
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I just uploaded it to HRTV... so it should be on soon. The entire video is about 4 GB and approx. 2 hrs long. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to get it burned to a DVD or something. Right now, it's on my external hard drive. It'd be nice to just hand the raw footage to someone to edit and covert to DVD. Does anyone know of anyone who can do this?

Comment

I just uploaded it to HRTV... so it should be on soon. The entire video is about 4 GB and approx. 2 hrs long. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to get it burned to a DVD or something. Right now, it's on my external hard drive. It'd be nice to just hand the raw footage to someone to edit and covert to DVD. Does anyone know of anyone who can do this?
                      I can help, look for a PM from me later today
                      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Done! your footage looks 100 times better on Brightcove!
                        HTML Code:

Comment

neat clip

Well the helmet cam video came out pretty good. Below is a link to a small part of the weekend of racing as seen through my eyes. This link is just a glimpse of Sunday’s race.
                          Thanks Josh! Neat clip.

Have you seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGF3bTGr5Zc

Comment

My wife knows about it. We did it ten years ago and once or twice more since then. She loves this race as much as I do,which is why the last run will be together. However, I'm now thinking age 80 might be a nicer last year to do it solo ... pushing the two-person last dance out to age 81.
                            Originally posted by kampkurz View Post
                            The White Vee, which actually, as I remember, has a very narrow flat bottom to the Vee is Roland Dechert. He is seventy one years of age and quite a fixture around Top'O'. I had a chance to talk to him at the pits Saturday morning. He mentioned that he wanted to do this until he is Seventy five years old, and then he mentioned that he had a boat that can hold two, and after turning seventy-five, he would like to do it with his wife.
                            I wonder if she knows about it yet.
                            I'm still summing up my thoughts about the great time we all had at KampKurz in the days leading up the what we all know to be the greatest boat race ever.
                            For sure one of the many highlights was leading the 'Sorte' into the pits on Saturday morning with our first J in the mix. Hats off to Mitchell Dotson for making the trip into the pits with us. And of course, having one of greates B-runabout drivers...Cooper Jess along for the ride was pretty cool as well.
                            More thoughts to follow, KampKurz C57M

Comment

My Wife know's about it!

Roland, I love it! Thanks so much for sitting and talking to me Saturday morning. I like your five year extension to your previous plan. You are the man. This race is something special for sure. I hope to be there for your 'two person' run. Admirably, Mark Kurz

Comment

Working...
                              X