A Taste of Cambridge Inboard Photos 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Taste of Cambridge Inboard Photos 2008

I finally got around to freeing up space on my hard drive and taking a first look at what I shot last weekend at the Cambridge, Maryland APBA Inboard races.

Even though I missed every blow-over the entire weekend, I think I still got a couple of good shots. I'll post a message here when I upload all of the good photos to our website.

I love taking pictures at Cambridge. Unlike shooting a kneel-down race where typically I'm "on duty" in a patrol boat, at Cambridge my wife and I sneak away to our own private spot of beach, just past the "Police Line Do Not Cross" yellow tape, put our feet in the sand, and enjoy as many frosty beverages as we like.

Shot with a Nikon D80 digital SRL, Nikkor AF-S 400mm f/2.8G ED lens, with a Nikon 1.4 converter. I tried a Nikon 2.0 converter but couldn't track the boats well enough to keep them in frame as they passed.
    Attached Files
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

As much as I dis-like inboards, I gotta say those are some really great pics!!! My favorite is the two man jail boat. Can you please post some more?

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures, Mark! I hope to get down to Hampton Saturday and check out the Inboards myself.
      DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Tyndall View Post
        Thanks for the great pictures, Mark! I hope to get down to Hampton Saturday and check out the Inboards myself.
        are you planning on helping with the JH too?

JT
        JT Bried

Comment

Originally posted by jtb View Post
          are you planning on helping with the JH too?

JT
          I didn't know that the J hydros were going to be at the Hampton race. Gary Pond, Matt D'Agostino and George Stillwill are at the Stock Outboard Nationals in New York. I was planning on just going for the day and watching some of the races.................
          DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

I just received an email from Robin Shane and she said that they are on but not for points. We (Johnny & I) are still planning on going to Hampton because it's alot closer and gas...well..$$$$
            if you get there we may need your help.

JT
            JT Bried

Comment

I'll get there a little earlier than I planned Saturday and see how things are going with the boats. I don't mind helping out with getting the kids on the water...........this is a great program! Might even bring a bathing suit for some water duty if needed.
              Sorry about screwing up your thread, Mark. You still take some awesome pictures! Thanks.
              DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

No problem

Originally posted by Dick Tyndall View Post
                Sorry about screwing up your thread, Mark.
                No problem, it's all about boat racing. I think running J's with the Inboards is cool, too.
                @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                72@E
                Former Boat Racer
                21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
                20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

Hi everybody,

Nice pictures there Mark! I will be at the Hampton Cup taking pictures this year. If anybody comes you can come up to me and say hi! I will be shooting there all three days. Hope they get more people interested in the JH's this year.

Garrett
                  pictures.bytesandpix.com/sports

Comment

Working...
                  X