The Sacrifices a Crew Member Makes - Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sacrifices a Crew Member Makes - Photo

Sorry that I haven't been posting much...travelling with the big boat has eaten up a lot of my summer, and it's been amazing.

The attached photo ran on the front page of Sunday's Tri Cities Herald. Maybe this explains why Dave Villwock wins so much.

I'm glad I'm not on his crew. I sure wouldn't want the job that the guy kneeling on the boat has...

R-19
    Attached Files
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Thanks for the Laugh

I really needed that about now. That's some funny sheoit.
    Sattler Racing R-15
    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
    TEAM VRP
    The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Pic.

that pic made my racing season. Somebody has to post that on you tube or something. And by the way..Pat, you are an evil evil person. Lol.

Comment

SponsonHEAD?????

Pat,

I that really you in the picture????? SponsonHEAD???

Warbs
        64*W

Comment

Pat

Now Steve...be nice. We all love Dave Villwock out here..we really do. But I don't think Pat would stoop that low......

Comment

Stoop

That's not a stoop, Dave.

Pat, I agree, you are evil! Eddie.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Pat

Yes Ed....on further reviewing the pic....the crewmember is not stooping, he is kneeling. Once again...you are right!

Comment

pic

Oh yeah...if you look close...you can see Jim Bakke from the Formula Boat team getting ready to barf. Im serious.

Comment

No...

Originally posted by Steve Warnock View Post
                  Pat,

I that really you in the picture????? SponsonHEAD???

Warbs
                  Not me. I was part of the U-48 "Walking Wounded" as seen in this pic:

-Skid Fin guy (on right) cut his thumb on the blade

-I slipped off the top of the boat and landed on my head (the one on my shoulders, Warbs), thereby avoiding any serious injury

-The fellow with the crutches is our crew chief who slipped coming off the back of the boat and broke his foot

-And I believe the guy on the far left wrecked up his arm doing something. Either that, or a REALLY bad hangover.

-As for the boat itself, 1) our brand new engine lost a seal in the power section causing us to loose oil pressure, the oil caught fire in the bilge and burned our turbine containment blanket (yes, unlimiteds use Kevlar too); and on Sunday we spit a rudder causing it to go sideways and spin out at 165+ mph. Not fun for boat, crew or driver.

-Our crew is looking for a couple of chickens or lambs to sacrifice on this thing before the next race in order to get our mojo back.

R-19
                  Attached Files
                  www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Sponsonhead,
                    Did they have that kind of luck BEFORE you joined the crew? just joking man
                    Last edited by Kev43V; 07-29-2008, 09:43 AM.

"The Coffee Guy"
                    TEAM CAFFEINE
                    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                      Sponsonhead,
                      Did they have that kind of luck BEFORE you joined the crew? just joking man

Well, it doesn't get much better for us. One of our other crew members, Roger Newton (widely known in RC Hydro circles as "THE CZAR") suffered a heart attack last night.

He's in stable condition in Valley Medical Center in the CCU, with a big ol' bypass surgery in his immediate future. Please send your thoughts, prayers and positive vibes in Roger's direction. He can sure use them.

R-19
                      www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Luck

Pat: I was on the deck of the U 48 for a little while helping Tony and Mike Friday.....Is something horrible going to happen to me at nationals? Am I going to be in the middle of a 12 boat pileup in the first turn in DSH? I need to know these things...Oh yeah...good luck Roger.

Comment

stop!

Stop the bad mojo talk for DSH please....We had that last year at nationals...
                          no need to worry a mom this year please! Dave, and all DSH and all racers....please please be careful!!!! =) mamma lauri
                          Pat, hope you are okay!

Comment

Dsh

Well thanx Madam Laurie...But it just seems that DSH is jinxed at the nationals. At least nobdody has got hurt in a while. Oh yeah...you should tell the story on how you got the name "Madam Laurie" I do believe a certain sign is still in Petersons trailer...I could be wrong though.

Comment

Like I told Tony after the tri cities races, if the team didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any luck at all......Tough to see such a hard working crew have so many disappointments.

Was sad to hear that Roger had a heart attack.....Our thoughts and prayers are with him...........
                              Rocky, Lisa and Aaron

Comment

Working...
                              X