Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital camcorders?

Looking for info / recommendations.

I'm thinking of buying one to take to the races (if I ever get to go to a race ). I don't want to spend a fortune, but I do want to buy a decent camera (something that will get the job done at a boat race).

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

I highly recommend the CANON FS100 unless you want to go with tape which is fading fast.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=16185
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Thanks Dan. I'll get one ordered.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I use the CANON FS100 also and have been quite satisfied. However MiniDV cameras are much cheaper with similar video quality stored to tape. Also MiniDV normally have an eye piece viewfinder which is a nice feature when shooting moving objects in bright light. The flash based Canon is a great camera but using the lcd screen view finder can be difficult at times. On the other hand the flash memory allows for much faster downloads to your computer and many other advantages.
        Rolling Thunder Racing
        Hydroplane Quebec
        Grand Prix Hydroplane

Comment

Originally posted by pakman View Post
          I use the CANON FS100 also and have been quite satisfied. However MiniDV cameras are much cheaper with similar video quality stored to tape. Also MiniDV normally have an eye piece viewfinder which is a nice feature when shooting moving objects in bright light. The flash based Canon is a great camera but using the lcd screen view finder can be difficult at times. On the other hand the flash memory allows for much faster downloads to your computer and many other advantages.
          Did you shoot the Cambridge footage using your FS100?

Thanks
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I did shoot Cambridge with the Canon. Sunday's footage came out kind of bad because of the haze. I probably should have adjusted exposure and/or shutter speed.
            Rolling Thunder Racing
            Hydroplane Quebec
            Grand Prix Hydroplane

Comment

I ended up ordering a Cannon FS10. The FS100 was out of stock and there doesn't appear to be much difference in the two.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                I ended up ordering a Cannon FS10. The FS100 was out of stock and there doesn't appear to be much difference in the two.
                Good choice Dave, you are corrrect they are pretty much the same camera.
                HTML Code:

Comment

whats the color [silver,blue,ect] behind fs-100 ?

Comment

Hard drive camera quality

I went through this whole ordeal last April when just a couple of weeks before my daughters state gymnastics meet my Sony digital (tape) camera crapped out. So I bought a new Sony digital hard drive for $500.00 and boy was I disappointed with the clarity, even outside. The salesman said the new hard drives are still evolving and I wanted to get away from the tapes all together. Well I found another Sony tape camera on craigslist
                    For 80 bucks and returned the new Sony. I figured I needed a working tape camera to transfer my old tapes to another format.
                    I plan to make my new camera a high definition hard drive. I figured since I’m about ready for a new TV and all the new T.V.’s are H.D. now and if I get the standard hard drive camera it will look like crap on the new H.D. T.V.
                    I plan to buy when next fall when the new models come out.
                    Bottom line is I was really disappointed with the new hard drive picture quality. Just my two cents.
                    B16Rian LaChapelle

Comment

Working...
                    X