No announcement yet.

Eddie's Petty Driving Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwin, I'm qualified for two position on your new Nascar team. Driver and Tire changer. Yes I can be bought.

Tony Staron

Comment

Your Price

Tony: You are too high-maintenance for me, bud. Can't afford the maid service. Eddie.
      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
        Well yesterday at Chicagoland Speedway, I got my first chance to ride in and then drive a NASCAR Cup Series Car. The first trip around the track was as a passenger being driven by an instructor in the #8 car. We circled the track at around 160 mph. After that, I got a chance to drive the #29 my self. What a blast!

Attached are a couple of photos.
        Say Ed I can see why you liked this a lot like what you race ,as Robert Duvall once said Nothin stock about a stock car (just kidding

Pat

Comment

Ed does 135 mph qualify as SHAKING & BAKING? I mean did you have it to floor or did it feel like is was going to swap ends? I know from squeezing off My Thundercat it goes right up to 135 no problem. Are you coming to the snowmobile weekend this year? Come on tell us more!!!!! Mikey
          mike ross

Comment

Shake & Bake?

Mikey: In answer to your question: not really. I've gone 110 in my dad's 'vette before (hope he doesn't read this).

I had the pedal to the floor until I passed the cones going into each corner (where they instruct you to let off by about 500 RPMs), but it takes some getting used to. The car is set up to turn left on its own and you have to try to stay in the same wheel path of the instructor, following him by only 3-5 car-lengths, or he will slow down. There's a lot to concentrate on in only 6 laps.

According to the driver's meeting, the fastest the instructors will take you is 140. I guess they think us amateurs will spin them out! It was a lot of fun, though. Eddie.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Petty Exp.

Did the Petty thing at Gateway in St louis Was my 65th birthday present from my wife. I just loved it. The 8 laps really doesn`t give you enough time to really get the feel for it,but what a thrill. I don`t know if they still do this,but they divided us into teams. I ended up with a bunch of old geezers like me. The team with the fastest overall time got a plaque with your photo on it. Well guess what us old geezers won. If you ever get the chance it is well worth the the cost
              Art K

Comment

Working...
              X