• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Parity Comm. Minutes 4/4/07

SO D Class Parity Committee
    Ed Hearn, Chairman

April 4, 2007

Meeting Called to order at 8:05 EDT via teleconference.

Present: Steve Wilde, Mark Wheeler, Ed Hearn.
    Also Present: Mike Ross, SO Secretary.

Others in attendance: Multiple others also attended.

Itemized list of 6 recommendations was received by the Committee from Bass Machines. This included a removal of the height restriction in DSH for Bass/Tohatsu engines and the establishment of a maximum timing setting at 28 degrees before top dead center. Mr. Neil Bass addressed the Committee on behalf of Bass Machines.

Approximately one hour and fifteen minutes of discussion took place on various matters related to the charge of the committee. Multiple individuals, including many members of the SORC, addressed the Committee.

1) Motion duly made by Steve Wilde to change the height restriction in DSH to 0.0 inches for all engines. After having thrice called for a second to the motion, the Chairman announced that the motion died for a lack of a second.

2) Motion duly made by Ed Hearn to change the height restriction for the Bass/Tohatsu engine to 0.5" below the bottom of the boat (measured at the center line of the prop shaft at its aft end as all other restrictions are measured). Steve Wilde seconded the motion. Motion carried.

3) Motion duly made by Mark Wheeler to set a maximum allowable timing for the Bass Tohatsu engine at 28 degrees before top dead center. Seconded by Ed Hearn. Motion carried.

4) Motion duly made and seconded to clarify that the 1/2 inch height restriction for the Bass Tohatsu would apply to the D Hydro class and that D runabout would continue to be limited to a maximum height restriction of 3/4" for all engines. Motion carried.

5) The Chairman announced that he would present these changes to the APBA Board of Directors for finalization prior to May 1st in order to implement them for this racing season.

6) Motion to adjourn duly made, seconded and carried at 9:35 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Mike Ross, SO Secretary
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Thread Closed

Thread has been closed due to an inability to act rationally and use reason rather than innuendo (I include myself). Ed.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Working...
    X