Stock Chairman's Long Term Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nbass View Post
    I***, but will state that a stock Tohatsu D will continue to be produced as long as they are needed by AOF, NBRA, APBA and any other racing organization.***

Neil Bass
    Mr. Bass: Thank you again for your support of powerboat racing. Ed Hearn.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

• Bear

Yes, then you shoot the bear and you have more food and a rug.

Comment

• What No Mod!!!

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        Hey Ed, I remember when there was not mod catigorie, just stock and pro. After the Mod catgorie started, I think alot of guys went to Mod because they were to lazy to work hard enough to win in Stock.

Plus people in America are broke, so when you threaten to take away their class and they have to spend more money or time to change their equipment they get up set. (Government survey, 96% of people are dead or broke at 65)

We used to have 100+ ASH and ASR's at the nats when there was no Mod catagory. We had 35 or 40 in our region. Now that is competition.

Hey, Why don't you take up camping and hunting. It is way more peaceful. And the animals don't give you any bs.

take care.

God Bless.
        Mr. freedom, there was always mod, it was called NOA, or alternative i think they say today.

I also remember seeing daylite to dark racing with the likes of Dean Chenowith , Rinker , Hill , Miller and ,some of those fella's from the R,coast too. APBA only had S.O. and alky at the time, going back a ways , what a shame.
        RichardKCMo
        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

• 100% !!!

Originally posted by nbass View Post
          I will not get involved in the political discussion, but will state that a stock Tohatsu D will continue to be produced as long as they are needed by AOF, NBRA, APBA and any other racing organization. We currently make no profit on the powerhead so we do not stock a number of powerheads for purchase. We order 3 to 6 powerheads as the demand occurs. If we get to the point where orders are up we may stock a few to have on-hand. Otherwise, we will order on an as needed basis, however many that may be.

Making boat-racing equipment is a low volume low profit operation. I think OMC and Mercury concluded exactly that. However, building ten to twenty engines each year is very doable for Bass Machines. It keeps the business in operation and it can be done for a reasonable cost to the racer. For us, sending out free engines is way beyond a reasonable request.

Thanks to all for their support and concerns.

Let’s quite arguing and go racing,
          Neil Bass
          Mr Bass, keep them comin' We can always go back to D1/D2 what a blessing or 36 as they say.
          I am old merc fan , haven't seen any proof of superiority having been to several races with both involved.

Point being , bring it on,It's all good.
          RichardKCMo
          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by 14-H View Post
            How's this?

We should eliminate FAR and FAH, put the restrictor in the OMC's in the ASH & ASR classes and introduce the Hot Rod SO A engine once it is produced for the A classes along with the Mercs and the OMC's, get rid of AXSH & R, put the new Hot Rod in BSR and BSH along with the Y-80 in BSH with a 1" height restriction; choke down the old H/R's in this class but keep them legal, get rid of AMR & AMH but let those engines run in B Mod or C stock, eliminate BMR, 20SSH and 25SSR, keep B Mod Hydro and combine it with 25SSH, I don't care what you call the class; legalize the 202 in C Stock and C Mod, get rid of C Mod Runabout (take the pipe off and run it in CSR), keep CSR and make the 44XS a legal engine for participation only at local events; combine DMR and FER, get rid of DSH but legalize the stock 44XS in CMH and keep DMH and FEH. Get rid of K Pro and OSY 400.

Put the Stock Tohatsu into DMR and DMH with either the larger carburetors or the exhaust tuning pipe (neither of which is legal currently), but not both. Tohatsu would be available for modification in the FE classes.

Then, combine stock and mod for only one commission. The following year, do the same thing with PRO but keep a separate true "alky" set of classes with 4 runabouts and 4 hydro classes. Move the antiques to the classic category.

All engines which are currently available for purchase as new or remanufactured new should be viewed as being able to set records or win the closed course national championship. All older equipment should be maintained as competitive equipment in each class with an emphasis towards moving those engines into a Modified Class. Pro Classes would be truly "open" classes where anything goes; bore and stroke rules only.

Only One Racing Commission should oversee the entire Outboard Category but technical changes for each class would be required to be initiated by a class technical committee for the class.

Hall of Champions: Two from the Stock Classes, One from Mod Classes, One from Pro Classes, One from J Classes.

The particulars are subject to alteration.
            What was I thinking???
            14-H

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
              Any chance the three current [Stock Mod and Pro Chairmen] can get together in the back room and hammer out a deal?
              Riiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhttttttt! I'm quite sure hammering would be involved. But it wouldn't result in any deal. Ed.
              14-H

Comment

***None of this, however, means that what I have proposed is not in the best interests of the sport. I truly believe that it is. It would give every piece of current equipment a home to race thereby preserving all current members, it would encourage the development and entry of new equipment into the sport and show the manufacturers that we are serious about making sure that they can sell their wares after they go to the trouble of developing it for us, it would scale down the number of classes and make a better program or show and it would significantly reduce the amount of work at HQ so that other duties like promotion could be assigned to the national office.

Who wants to say I'm wrong? Ed.
                I love it when no one responds to this question!
                14-H

Comment

• Ed, Those who do think you're wrong, as I do, have simply given up trying to persuade you. It's not worth the effort. John 2-Z See you in LA.
                  John Runne
                  2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

• Love it

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                    Ed
                    Your a lawyer you know that no response means to not show your cards.

Pat Wright
                    love to talk to you in L.A.

Comment

• Originally posted by csh2z View Post
                      Ed, Those who do think you're wrong, as I do, have simply given up trying to persuade you. It's not worth the effort. John 2-Z See you in LA.
                      exactly.......
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

You want to know why you are wrong Ed? Just imagine having to go through all the BS we have gone through with 25ssR, in every single class, with 2, 3, or even 4 motors per class. Now you wanna talk about bulging beaurocracy, we would have to have at least a dozen parity committees!
                        Ryan Runne
                        9-H
                        Wacusee Speedboats
                        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Actually, I think the whole approach is wrong. Ryan R makes a good point about the 25ssr.

I believe that in order to make a good long term plan, broad but specific goals must first be defined and bought into by all the people working for the change. Only then can a plan can be formulated to meet those goals.

Most of the information that I have read in this forum, I believe, has come from well meaning and dedicated people that have thought out their positions. The problem is each person may have a different set of goals for the sport. Since not everyone is working for the same goals, people tend to stiffen up in their position and very little gets accomplished.

Charlie Pater

Comment

• The feelings and concerns of the current boat racer need to be put on the back burner at the national meeting. In order for significant progress to be made in SO racing the current boat racers need to make some serious sacrifices. Too many personal agendas are on the table when in fact there isn't going to be a table if the people that do not boat race are not made a top priority.

Matt Gallagher
                            58J
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by raceright View Post
                              Ed
                              Your a lawyer you know that no response means to not show your cards.

Pat Wright
                              love to talk to you in L.A.
                              Pat: Some people will reveal them if you bait them enough. *** I'll buy you a drink. Ed.
                              14-H

Comment

• Originally posted by MGallagher View Post
                                The feelings and concerns of the current boat racer need to be put on the back burner at the national meeting. In order for significant progress to be made in SO racing the current boat racers need to make some serious sacrifices. Too many personal agendas are on the table when in fact there isn't going to be a table if the people that do not boat race are not made a top priority.

Matt Gallagher
                                58J
                                Amen, Brother!
                                14-H

Comment

Working...
                                X