Annual Meeting Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Meeting Hotel

Get your hotel now: LAX Mariott 1-800-228-9290!

I just made my reservations. They have only 8 rooms left at 99 per night. After that, they are $229 per night.

You eight guys who get the 99, should donate half the difference to Hydroracer for the information. Ed
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

bumpity bump bump bump.....!~
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

National meeting

Ed. I am putting together some info packets for 2007 nationals to hand out to stock commisioners at meeting. How many packets should I put together? Dave

Comment

Hotel

I tried to make a reservation at the Marriot back in November....they said they only had the $99 rate for 2 of the 4 nights needed, so I did an internet search and found a place called the Tradewinds hotel, 5 blocks from the Marriot, for a total of $140 for four nights, including tax. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Dave

Comment

Careful

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
          I tried to make a reservation at the Marriot back in November....they said they only had the $99 rate for 2 of the 4 nights needed, so I did an internet search and found a place called the Tradewinds hotel, 5 blocks from the Marriot, for a total of $140 for four nights, including tax. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Dave
          Keep in mind the neighborhood and that many of the area motels lease by the hour......
          David Weaver

Comment

Hourly rate

Oh oh...well...if I am getting this room by the hour, does it include...umm..how to be delicate here...companionship? I did notice in pics of hotel that there was a fairly nice bar on premise....

Comment

Dave:

If you put the dress on again you just may find some interesting companions.

I also called back in November for the hotel, and was told there were no more rooms, so I did nothing. Called back last Sunday and was given the $99 rate for 3 out of the 4 nights. The forth night is a bit spendy, but there is no way Teri is going for a 4 night $140 deal.

Joe

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
              Oh oh...well...if I am getting this room by the hour, does it include...umm..how to be delicate here...companionship? I did notice in pics of hotel that there was a fairly nice bar on premise....

Comment

hotel

From what I understand the reservation center at Marriot messed up....they had plenty of rooms available for $99 a night. I have asked around a little and from what I hear the Tradewinds is not that bad a place. If i get arrested for soliciting or something I will send the bill to region ten. Ha ha

Comment

Just Don't Double Tow....

Ernie Dawe and me know not to double tow....Worst case, Rod Zapf says we can stay in his motorhome.....if we can figure where he parked it....

Should be a good meeting, expecting to see you all there!!!

Comment

Ed -- I was wondering how to submit a proposal to have the letter "O" be the designated letter for Oklahoma. "O" is currently not used and would work out great for any of us Okies crossing over to run APBA without changing our numbers. I think all of the other letters are the same for AOF-NBRA-APBA. This is not a major deal, but would be more convenient.

Rick Miller
                    34-O not 34-T

Comment

Neither O nor I are used in APBA, probably out of concern that these may be mistaken for 0 and 1 respectively.
                      David Weaver

Comment

David:

Northern CA used to use O for stock and mod, but no more.

Joe

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
                        Neither O nor I are used in APBA, probably out of concern that these may be mistaken for 0 and 1 respectively.

Comment

I & O

O for Oklahoma goes back to the beginnings of outboard racing.
                          I is used for Alaska, but presently on one is racing there.

California, Nevada, Arizona was C. About 1958 region 11 (northern Cal.) stock classes was changed to O because of the number of boats in the state. Alky was still C. A few years ago I spearheaded the move go back to C, had a petition signed by may drivers. With the agreement that region 11 stock drivers took left over numbers. Since that time mod has changed also.
                          It should not be a problem for Oklahoma to be changed back to O. When I was doing this my campain slogan was: Give O back to the Okies!

Darrell

Comment

Thanks Darrell for your support. WE have raced for years and years with the "0" and have not had a problem. WE have raced with the people from Delware and the "Q" and did not have any scoring problems. I still need to send in a proposal I am sure.

Rick Miller
                            34-0

Comment

Working...
                            X