• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 SO Appointments

Note: Steering Committee appointments are new:

Here they are:

OMC Tech Comm: Roger Pryzbyla (R7) Chairman; Ed Runne, Brent Backus members

Merc Tech Comm: Mark Wheeler (R6) Chairman; Dave Scott, Steve Warnock, members

Tohatsu Tech Comm: Russ Bircher (R10) Chairman; Darren Goehring, member

Hot Rod Tech Comm: Don Hagerl (R6) Chairman; Dave Jones, member

Yamato Tech Comm: Thomas Johnston (R6) Chairman, Jerry Davids, member

Hydroplane Tech Comm: Marc Johnson Chairman; Tammy Dawe

Runabout Tech Comm: Darrell Sorensen (R11) Chairman; Matt Gallagher, Ryan Burdick

Inspection Manual Comm: Don Hagerl (Chairman); Steve Wilde, Roger Carr

SO Awards Comm: Brian Trolian, Chairman

Promotional Comm: Steve Johnson (R8), Dan Lawrence, Dana Holt, Doug McLarney, Chicago Paul Nielander

SO Website Committee: Matt Boyes (R11), Nate Forshey, Mike Hauenstein

SO Rules Committee: Brian Williams (R6) Chairman, Pat Wright, Jim Nielsen

SO Steering Committee: John Runne, (R4) Chairman; Dana Holt, Bob Trolian, Gary Romberg, Mike Johnson, Scott Reed & Dave Schubert

D Class Parity Committee: Ed Hearn, Chairman, Steve Wilde, Mark Wheeler

SO Secretary: Mike Ross

SO Chief Inspector: Roger Carr

SO Chief Referee: Ed Hearn

SO Commissioner Appointments: Robert Trolian, Sr., Roger Carr

The SO Chairman is an ex officio member of all committees.

I would ask that all committee members contact each other within the next few weeks and compile a list of proposals for the annual meeting. The chairman of each committee should then provide those proposals to the SO Secretary, Mike Ross, no later than Christmas. Each proposal SHALL list the rule and page number affected and SHALL include the exact language of the rule to be added, deleted or changed. A failure to indicate the language of the rule, as proposed to be changed, shall subject the proposal to not being listed on the Agenda.

A complete agenda will be available by the end of the first week of January.

If I have missed you and you would like to be included on this list, please contact me. I must say that I was very disappointed about the lack of offers to help with a website. This might be the single most important point of providing information to potential members. I am really asking for your help if you can assist us in getting the SO website back up to snuff. Have you seen Inboard's new one? Thanks. Ed Hearn, SO Chairman.
    Last edited by 14-H; 01-09-2007, 09:40 AM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

What is the next step? There are 2 weeks before Xmas and I am assuming a ton of issues to cover. Will you be sending any proposals that you have already received to each committee to review and resubmit? Are you looking for an opinion from each committee on the merits of each proposal?
    Brian 10s

Comment

Next Step

Brian: it's to generate any proposals you have, receive any others that members send to you now that I have announced to whom that should be sent, put them all in the format I have indicated and get them all to Mike Ross by Christmas. Ed.
      14-H

Comment

The King has spoken. . .

For all those that have not sent their SO proposals in to Ed or Mike, please send them to me at brian10s@hotmail.com, as soon as possible since they will need to go to Mike by Xmas.

Also, Pat Wright & Jim Nielson, please PM me with your email address' so I can copy you with any proposals.
        Brian 10s

Comment

Brian

You (or anyone else) can e-mail me at jnilsen529@comcast.net

Jim
          Region 10

Comment

Please send your proposals to my home E-Mail Address dubber75m@comcast.net
            mike ross

Comment

I Must Decline

Sorry, but I must decline the position of Chairman for the Tohatsu Technical Committee, but thanks for the consideration. I suggest Russ Bircher if he will accept the position.
              Respectfully,
              Neil Bass

Comment

Steering Committee Appointments

These were added to the list today. Ed Hearn, SO Chairman.
                14-H

Comment

[QUOTE=nbass;68949]Sorry, but I must decline the position of Chairman for the Tohatsu Technical Committee, but thanks for the consideration. I suggest Russ Bircher if he will accept the position.
                  Respectfully,
                  Neil Bass[/QUOTE I talked with Sid about doing this a week ago but no one has contacted me .
                  Russ Bircher45-R/151-R

Comment

Oversight.

Mr. Bircher: You have been appointed. Please prepare a report of suggested changes for the Parity Committee to consider and send those along with the testing data for this class to Mike Ross, SO Secretary. Thanks. Ed Hearn.
                    14-H

Comment

Working...
                    X