SO Website Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO Website Suggestions

I really need some help with this one. Despite the fact that I average one post on this message board every other day, I am really a computer idiot. We really need some help getting the website going again. I have one year left as chairman and I'd like to leave a working, helpful website behind. Let's hear it. Ed.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

On the issue of a new revamped SO web site, I see no need to reinvent the wheel when HydroRacer.Net has basically filled in the holes where some of the older web sites left off. Since I am the owner of HydroRacer.Net of course I’m going to wave my own flag but I really see no point in trying to throw good money at an old out of date web site when HR Net is alive and well.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

While Hydroracer is the premier discussion board for Stock, a refined website with nice (large enough to fill half of the average user's screen and at the same time not choke dial up users) graphics of each legal motor, review of the legal boat dimensions, weights, current speed records and required safety equipment would serve Stock Outboarders the best.

To introduce new prospects to each class in Stock with a single click, rather than searching thru the whole Hydroracer archives would answer more newbie questions more efficiently and faster (with no load on Hydroracer for the images).

It would also be interesting to post the recent National Champions, High Point winners and North American Champions in each class. Head shots and a one line bio for each would be cool too ...

Also helpful for racers ... contact list for each club (snail, phone and email) as well as contact info for all Stock officials

Hydroracer.net's discussion board and Stock's web site should not compete with each other, rather they should compliment each other

Comment

No Hydroracer Competition

Dan: I view a SO website as being purely informational, not interactive like Hydroracer. Info about the specific classes, club information, suppliers, builders, mechanics and our tech manual would be made available along with historical information as well as general description about the category. As Sam suggests, it would compliment Hydroracer and be more in line with the type of information that is available on the APBA website.

No offense intended. Ed.
        14-H

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H
          Dan: I view a SO website as being purely informational, not interactive like Hydroracer. Info about the specific classes, club information, suppliers, builders, mechanics and our tech manual would be made available along with historical information as well as general description about the category. As Sam suggests, it would compliment Hydroracer and be more in line with the type of information that is available on the APBA website.

No offense intended. Ed.
          Both you guys are right on point good idea, no offense taken Ed these are great post you have started and should lead to some great input and new ideas
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Why not incorporate an APBA section here, that is not a discussion forum by the info forum you are looking for. I could only be updated by the Administrator and the authorized APBA person.

Comment

I think they need a site as Ed has mentioned that "sells" the sport. People can learn unbelievable amounts of info on Hydroracer. But not every one wants to ask and search for the questions/answers. The site should directly link to this site though.

A site that describes legal motors and class structure, and where to buy them if current ones exist.

A site that tell people where they can buy new equipment, props, safety gear.

A site that promotes the good times, family fun and involvement for the whole family.

A site that not only promotes to get into the cockpit, but be an official or race worker if they don't want to squeeze a throttle but still be involved.

Maybe much of this is on APBA's sites already? But I know I can't find anything about getting a new Merc 15 on it. And every time someone asks on here they are told to contact so and so at APBA.... why should someone have to email someone? Put the info up in front of the potential racer!! Hit a buy it now button and take the credit card info on the spot! Then APBA or who ever sells the motor contacts them.

I know CBF has no info on how to get into racing or what it's about on it's website and I put what I have time for on my own site.
              Fralick Racing
              Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I'd also add that if this is something that Dan can see adding to HR I'd be all for that. But I feel it needs to be seperate from the discussion area or front end area. Maybe each Association could pay for a simple page or two hosted on HR?

Anyway... think I passed my thoughts... I'll stop before I ramble on forever... lol.
                Fralick Racing
                Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Website designers, creators and committee members needed. Ed.
                  14-H

Comment

My plate is full trying to run HR, sign me up for a committee member only on this one, I nominate Nate Forshey to be the head designer if he has time.
                    HTML Code:

Comment

A site that is as informative as the site link below would be nice.

http://www.osy400.co.uk/

Comment

Doug: I agree. A simple site with information to answer basic questions along with any print outs or other relevant material is all that we need. So where are my website designer volunteers? Steve Johnson has some great ideas about getting people hooked, but we need a single source of basic information for them to turn. Ed.
                        14-H

Comment

Dan: Forshey would be a great designer. Maybe we can strap Jerry Brewster in for doing the construction stuff. Ed.
                          14-H

Comment

Ed,

Jerry Brewster is no longer running our website as he already has to much on his plate running our club. I just recently took over running our website, from Nate Forshey who did an excellent job but he too has to much going on right now. Check out the site as there have been several updates the last few weeks and still more coming.
                            Joe Silvestri
                            CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                            JH/JR

Comment

SO informational site

I'd be interested in working on a static site that did not require constant updating. Hydroracer is the place for real-time info.

SO used to have a site called StockOutboard.com several years back. It did a good job of outlining membership information, class structure, etc.
                              And of course you would want some great images and presentation graphics...

Nate

Comment

Working...
                              X