X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO Yamato Rule Changes

Please post those suggestions here. Ed.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Put the restricted Yamato's from 25ssR into CSR. They are comparable in speed, and it separates 10' boats from racing with 12' boats.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I would like to see us be able to use external water pickup(Peto tube). This would help with the 302's water problems. Then maybe we would see more NEW 302's on the water! Instead of the 20+ year old 102's?

Also I have talked to Ric Montoya(sp?) and Dudley Malone(sp?) about new coils for my 102. Ric told me there is no more new coils for the 102 and he does not know of a replacement for them. Dudley did not have any either. I think we need to approve something for there replacement. Maybe TJ would have an idea for this?????

Mark
      Mark
      G-11
      125H
      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

102-302 Parity

I agree, this is an issue that needs to be addressed. It is time for a 302 to win the Nats in CSH. The engine is only 15 years old. I do not like the water pick up idea, however. That requires modification to a new engine and I don't think that should be necessary for new equipment.

I think we should look at weight and height on the 102's.

Also, the gearcase filing is a mess. We should place more restrictions on the gearcase to keep it nearly as manufactured. We can allow the guys who have shaved their foot to use Devcon or other filler to comply.

This gearcase shaving is out of control and it does not conform with our Stock theory of "race as received".

Ed.
        14-H

Comment

Ryan,

The only Yamato legal on a 10 ft boat is the Y-80. The 102 and 302 guys have to run minimum 11'6" boats.

Tim
          Tim Weber

Comment

25ssr

We had some really great racing out here in that class (whenever Tardboy could get his boats fixed . The Merc will win if he gets up front, if not he loses. That is about as close as your going to be able to match 2 completely different motors. As to Ryan's idea of moving all the restricted Yamato's to CSR it won't happen, at least in our case. There is no way I'm going to try to add 70 lbs of lead to compete in CSR. If the restricted Yamato goes away there will be no 25SSR class in the northwest, and my boat will sit idle until Mike gets a big gut like his old man so he can run in CSR. Tony
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

GUYS, PLEASE DON'T SCREW WITH THE CSH CLASS!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO PRO!
              PEANUT

Comment

Peanut,

I am heart broken......I will take you back anytime

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                Tomtall 06

Comment

102-302 Parity

Ed, If memory serves me right. We do not need to change a thing to the 302 for a water pick up but unscrew a plug and screw in a nipple for the peto tube. Please don't read into the parity thing more than is needed! We do not need to make any other changes.

I do not think the gearfoot thing is a problem. Anyone that can use a file can shape one. I have one that is shaped and one with only the bulge on the bottom removed. I can't tell a difference in there performance.

Mark
                  Mark
                  G-11
                  125H

[

Comment

KRISTI, I WOULD COME BACK, BUT NO PRO'S COME TO OUR REGION RACES BUT KPRO AND OSY
                    NUT
                    Last edited by 14-H; 10-20-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Good idea!

Let's take APBA's most popular classes and screw with them. Are you people for real? Ed, if you want to see 302's win the nationals , change the 1500' run to the first turn to 1000' just like every other race. That's all we need to do. If the issue is safety, then one would have to assume that ALL our other race courses are inherently unsafe by design. John Runne 2-Z
                      Last edited by 14-H; 10-20-2006, 03:18 PM.
                      John Runne
                      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z
                        Let's take APBA's most popular classes and screw with them. Are you people for real? Ed, if you want to see 302's win the nationals , change the 1500' run to the first turn to 1000' just like every other race. That's all we need to do. If the issue is safety, then one would have to assume that ALL our other race courses are inherently unsafe by design. John Runne 2-Z
                        John I don't know where Ed got the need for all the changes I only suggested a water pickup for the 302's in CSH What would be wrong with a water pickup for the 302's? becides not having to keep wrenching on then when you heat one up.

Mark
                        Mark
                        G-11
                        125H

[

Comment

Let's take APBA's most popular classes and screw with them. Are you people for real? *** John Runne 2-Z.
                          John: Does this mean that you do not support the Sidewinder being introduced (let alone being made the replacement) in the A classes, our second biggest ones? Ed.
                          14-H

Comment

*** Ed, ***, change the 1500' run to the first turn to 1000' just like every other race. That's all we need to do. If the issue is safety, then one would have to assume that ALL our other race courses are inherently unsafe by design. John Runne 2-Z
                            John: I think you are right about this. But if you recall, the SORC did not agree last year. Ed.
                            14-H

Comment

Originally posted by NUT2F
                              KRISTI, I WOULD COME BACK, BUT NO PRO'S COME TO OUR REGION RACES BUT KPRO AND OSY
                              NUT

Those aren't Pros, they're high-jacked Stocks. Eddie the Chairman.
                              14-H

Comment

Working...
                              X