Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO Merc Rule Changes (Including D Parity)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO Merc Rule Changes (Including D Parity)

Please post 'em here. Ed.

Add: Don't post comments about "get rid of the Tohatsu" here. There's another thread for that. Let's hear only constructive comments.
    Last edited by 14-H; 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

2006 saw some really great competition in the 25SSH class. It was highlighted by Joe Zolkowske's fantastic season. I'd like to see the restrictor removed from the 25XS engine.....I'd like for the DRIVERS in this class have an opportunity to vote on the proposal. I'm tired of racers in other classes, committee members, council members, beaurocrats, and shoe clerks making the decisions about whether the safety and competitivess of this class is compromised by this change. Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

Hot Rod Considerations

Mike: If we remove the restrictor, what do you propose to do to keep the 20cu.in. HotRod competitive in this class? This engine appears to be imminently in production again (or something like it) and we don't want to kill it's ability to have a place in SO.

BTW: You can't answer: make a separate class. Ed.
      14-H

Comment

We'll deal with that when the Hot Rod is on the water. Besides, I think a new 20 ci Hot Rod will beat all the unrestricted 25XS Mercs (except maybe Joe Z.) By the way, I told Ron and Dean last January that I will buy the 1st NEW production 20 Ci Hot Rod that they build. There are many drivers like me that are too heavy for A/B boats and don't want to lug Yamato's and 13 ft boats around. I have a hard enough time loading my trailer on Sunday afternoon as it is ! I foresee a resurgent 25XS class. This years excitement with Joe's hydro wins and your impressive 25SSR championship in the runabout have inspired a lot of guys like me. I want to help the class now....and make a place for the new 20 Hot Rod. Mike, Raceboat61-S

Comment

D stock parity.

I've not been able to test my Tohatsu yet. So I will try to limit my input on this issue.
          I've heard from a few people that the very low Tohatsu propshaft height creates some serious handling problems. I would like to see the Tohatsu propshaft height rule changed. I propose the Tohatsu use the same propshaft height as the Merc.
          I don't want to experience "handling issues" at the speed of a D stock. I think this could be a safety concern.
          OK guys... fire away at me!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v
            I've not been able to test my Tohatsu yet. So I will try to limit my input on this issue.
            I've heard from a few people that the very low Tohatsu propshaft height creates some serious handling problems. I would like to see the Tohatsu propshaft height rule changed. I propose the Tohatsu use the same propshaft height as the Merc.
            I don't want to experience "handling issues" at the speed of a D stock. I think this could be a safety concern.
            OK guys... fire away at me!
            YES you are right on!! Team Tohatsu Russ Bircher 45-R/151-R

Comment

Comments on another thread

Ed, there are some appropriate comments under the APBA zone, titled Tohatsu Stock Bullet Height. That thread has been running concurrent with this thread. The short cut is:
              http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9048

Comment

"D" PARITY (TOHATSU)

TO ALL IT MAY CONCERN:

HAVING BEEN EXCITED ABOUT NEW STOCK MOTORS I PURCHASED A "D" TOHATSU... I HAVE SOLD ALL MY PRO ALKY EQUIPMENT. NEW MOTORS ARE THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT. HAVING SAID THAT, THE ITEMS NEEDED FOR CHANGE.

1. ALLOW NON-METALIC REEDS, IE. BOYSEN.

2. SAME HEIGHT AS THE MERCURY... 0".

3. SAME WEIGHT AS THE MERCURY.

THE AOF "DSH" STRAIGHTAWAY RECORD WAS SET AT 80 MPH THIS YEAR.... A LONG WAY FROM THE 88-89 MPH OF THE MERCURY.

THANK YOU,

DEAN HOBART
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Gospel According to Sutherland

Dean: You're right. New motors are important but for the reasons you have given. Ed.
                  14-H

Comment

D Tohatsu...

ED,

10-4 & THANKS...... SEE YOU AT MOSES LAKE. SAY HI TO THE FAMILY FOR ME.

DEAN
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart
                      ED,

10-4 & THANKS...... SEE YOU AT MOSES LAKE. SAY HI TO THE FAMILY FOR ME.

DEAN
                      Hobart: You are the evidence, not the gospel writer. I was addressing Dean Sutherland. We'll be at Moses Lake.
                      14-H

Comment

Ed,

Do you have any ideas on what to do with the Tohatsu? Just curious what your thinking.

Troy

Comment

Working...
                        X