Stock Outboard Pickle Fork Rule for 2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Outboard Pickle Fork Rule for 2014 Season

I really hate to bring this up, but I need to remind all of the new rule starting November 1, 2013.

2013 Safety Rule #22

B. STOCK OUTBOARD: All Stock Outboard hydroplane hulls shall abide by the Mod & Pro picklefork rule in its entirety, with no grandfather clause effective November 1, 2013.
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Table it!!

Let's get aligned with at least one category, no more 3 sets of rules and multiple criteria

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
      Let's get aligned with at least one category, no more 3 sets of rules and multiple criteria
      I thought Jeff Williams and TJ were on this!! Maybe adopt the UIM wording in our rule book. That seems to have the most flexability!!.........

Comment

Sounds like the rule is in place for 2014 should not need any discussion.
        Next

Comment

Rule

From reading a post or two in this thread, I get the impression Mod & Pro are going to change to meet UIM specs, and stock will follow suit ?

I kind of am curious to understand this as new hulls have been started.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
            From reading a post or two in this thread, I get the impression Mod & Pro are going to change to meet UIM specs, and stock will follow suit ?

I kind of am curious to understand this as new hulls have been started.
            That's my understanding........the UIM rule is flexable and all Stock, MOD and J Classes would have little problems conforming. Having different rules for pickle tips in 3 different Outboard divisions is wrong......

Comment

Pro already has the UIM rule.
              sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Most all boats have little problem making the UIM rule the APBA rule is a different story.
                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

pickle

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                  That's my understanding........the UIM rule is flexable and all Stock, MOD and J Classes would have little problems conforming. Having different rules for pickle tips in 3 different Outboard divisions is wrong......
                  Mod was considering a modification to the pickle rule as I understood...

Comment

Hell, just outlaw pickle fork boats and require that all hydros be conventional!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Ha

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                      Hell, just outlaw pickle fork boats and require that all hydros be conventional!
                      If that happened David, they would then rule out "X" inches of lift to protect us from blow overs...
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

will mod boats still have the grandfather rule in affect for older boats?

Comment

Hope not

Originally posted by brill27 View Post
                          will mod boats still have the grandfather rule in affect for older boats?
                          all boats everywhere should be the same no matter what the year. No exceptions no exemptions..... I was one the biggest opponents to the whole pickle rule thing in the first place because I never believed it was our greatest safety issue.

I concede all boats all the time get it done and move on to something else.

We want you to be safe from pickle points when you get in your boat with your duct taped kevlar pants and sleeves that don't cover your under belly and your stocking feet
                          Last edited by reed28n; 10-03-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n View Post
                            We want you to be safe from pickle points when you get in your boat with your duct taped kevlar pants and sleeves that don't cover your under belly and your stocking feet
                            OMG....I agree with Scott Reed.
                            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Pickle Tips? Seriously. If you weren't at Lock Haven I sawed Alan Ackerstrom's boat in half after he spun in the first turn. Everything made contact with the exception for my pickle tips. Thank God they were round!

Comment

Working...
                              X