Whitney Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitney Point

This evening our SORC met via teleconference. The majority of the commissioners have decided that the nationals are over and there will not be any future races for the classes not run at the 2013 National Championship.
    Thank you all for attending and we can now look forward to our marathon national championship this weekend and Moses Lake next year.
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Hall of Champions

The SORC took no action to change the eligibility for the Hall of Champions. Therefore, points and records will be very important this year for determining who is inducted.

We will run the 1 mile record course on Saturday at Dayton, Ohio and the 3/4 mile course on Sunday. All SO, MOD and Junior classes will run both days.

If you're gunning for the HOC, we hope to see you at Dayton on August 24 & 25.

https://www.facebook.com/dayton.recordruns
    Last edited by 14-H; 08-11-2013, 06:38 PM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Sorc

Ed is correct on HOC stuff...Seattle Outboard Association is have 2 weekends of record courses...Sept 13-15th Soap Lake Washington, 3/4 mile record course. One mile record course the following weekend at Yelm Washington...the world's fastest water. Testing at both venues Friday. See you all there.

Comment

Speed freek week

More record races! Soa will be hosting back to back weekends of record races in September.

Soap lake, wa sept 13, 14, 15 3/4 mile course. Sanctioned testing Friday

Yelm, wa sept 20, 21, 22 1 mile record course. Sanctioned testing Friday.

All so/ mod/ pro/ j classes.

Also kilo and quarter mile time trials will be oct. 5/6 on devils lake on Lincoln city, Oregon.

Hope to see all of you there!
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

My point of View

I will preface my following statement by stating 3 things:
          1. I am not,nor have I have been, nor will I ever be a boat racer.
          2. I have only been around APBA since 1992 when I married my awesome wife, Jill
          3. I have played competitive golf at the junior, high school, collegiate, and amateur levels.

I applaud the SORC for their decision!!!!! Having won numerous golf championships against some of the best golfers entered into the various tournaments that in which I participated, I can tell you that if some or any of those golfers have been excluded for whatever reason it would have taken away from my victory.
          I can only hope the MORC feels the same way.
          I have seen some division between the Mods and Stock and feel that this issue can be a perfect way to help bring some unity between the Outboard racing family.
          Wouldn't it be nice to see both MORC and SORC on the same page!!!
          Scott Glossner
          Asst. Referee
          2013 Mod, Stock, and J Nationals

Comment

"BOAT RACE CANCELED - TOO MUCH WATER"

HUH?

Many thanks to the Schenectady Outboard club, DVORA and all those that worked so hard to put on another great National Championship event. We all appreciate your efforts. Thank You all.
            Last edited by csh2z; 08-13-2013, 03:05 AM.
            John Runne
            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Thanks

It was about 3:30 am when we got a call at the motel that the pits were flooding. By the time we got to the pits, our trailers were already pulled up to high ground. With the exception of a few pop ups and I imagine some items that were already covered with water, the racers in the pits got everything else out of harms way. BOATRACERS ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Doug 4 N
              Davey 95 N
              JDM 43 N

Comment

Thank you to all who worked so hard to put on an excellent event; and it was an excellent event!

I also want to thank all those who worked through the night to save everybody's equipment. Boat racers are the best group of people I know and I'm proud to be a part of the racing family.

There is always next year. Cya in the first turn!

Comment

Think of it this way

The worst things is not having classes without a National Champion-the worst thing would of been to show up to race and find the whole pits washed away with everything in it gone.

Cheers to the team work it took to get everything out and be happy no loss of life-injury or major loss of equipment.

Cooler heads have prevailed and life moves on-this is not the first time this has happened-glad everyone is safe and think of the stories you get to tell your grandkids.

I was at Wakefield in 82 and remember it well not as dramatic of finish but same end result.

Kerry

Comment

Hinton, 1969

I remember the Nationals in 1969. Beautiful race course until the darn hurricane came thru from the west. Pits were under many feet of water. I was already camped in Blue Stone State Park when the storm came thru. Everyone camping in the pits moved up the mountain. All was not lost as that was my first taste of roast OX, I mean they roasted the whole OX in one gigantic hole in the ground. I think they used a back hoe to drop that motha into the hole then they buried it. Amazing how good it tasted. I do believe they were able to get in all of the racing.
                    David

Comment

Pulled in at 330am on Friday. As I looked from the road that leads to Dorchester Park I saw some headlights and was thinking, "oh man, they are getting in late." Then as I made my way down the hill I saw a coup,e more pairs of headlights and a strange reflection off the "ground" from them. As I got closer and seeing the stream rush under the bridge I thought, "oh man, nobody news yet." I parked my car, got my bathing suit on, and got to work(I was actually really excited to get to work so quickly, cause I can't fall asleep when I get to the races anyway). When I first started they had already pulled about 10 trailers out with about 20 people and 2 or 3 trucks. By the time 500 or 530 rolled around, there was about 60 people and 10 trucks getting it done. Nice work everyone. Got to see racing on Sunday at Watkins Glenn at least.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doug4N View Post
                        It was about 3:30 am when we got a call at the motel that the pits were flooding. By the time we got to the pits, our trailers were already pulled up to high ground. With the exception of a few pop ups and I imagine some items that were already covered with water, the racers in the pits got everything else out of harms way. BOATRACERS ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Doug 4 N
                        Davey 95 N
                        JDM 43 N
                        Although I was disappointed that we didn't get to run it was a great time overall. It is amazing to see how much our boat racing family did to make sure as much gear was saved as possible. Thank you all for the effort put in before we were able to get to the pits to help out.
                        Dave W. Young
                        95-D
                        "Roll it up or roll it back on the trailer"

Comment

The way I understand it went down. Several people started checking the water level around midnight and all was still good at this point. Around 1 AM or so Tim Sidor went down and looked and it still looked good but he pulled some of the boats up the shore a bit just to make sure. Then around 1:30/2:00 or so Carl Holt walked down and took a peak and realized the water had come up a substantial amount. He then went up and woke Dana up who in turn woke up Jim Sweeney. They walked down and realized we were in big trouble as the water was close to the bottoms of the boats in the first row. He tossed Amy his phone and she started calling people. As bad as this may sound, when I saw who was calling at 3AM, all I could think was someone had gotten hurt and this was not a good call. I was somewhat relieved when all she said was the pits were flooding, I was so glad that it was not that something worse. So when I walked out of my room and saw several people already up, including my lovely daughter, I thought the word is getting out. Little did I realized she was still up and had not gone to bed yet.

Thanks to everyone that checked on the water level throughout the night and a big thanks to the Holts & Sweeney’s. They probably saved a lot of our fellow racers equipment.
                          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Looks like the water level is finally nearly back to normal today (Tuesday)!
                            Attached Files
                            www.trora.com

Comment

I was up Sunday to pick up the DVORA turn boats. Level was still pretty high. the park was still closed while the park guys were trying to clean up. What a mess. They thought they would be the rest of the week shoveling muck & repairing damage. So, no, hanging a few extra days to race wouldn't have worked.
                              Mark 55P
                              Team Tower
                              Hydroplane Division

Comment

Working...
                              X