Stock Outboard rules update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Outboard rules update

The Stock Outboard Safety and Racing rules were updated yesterday.

Click on this link below:

http://www.apba.org/resources/2013-s...ing-rules-2106
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

B Class Legal Engines

Jeff
    On page 18. Section c. regarding legal engines the Sidewinder 20ci engine is in BOLD indicating it is a legal engine in the class effective May 1, 2013.

Is that accurate? Is it fully legal or probationary?

Thanks

Matt

Comment

From what I was told, it's fully legal.

Can someone from the SORC who voted for this possibly tell me how a 20ci engine, unrestricted, is supposed to run competitively with a 15ci engine???

Have you not watched Bobby Austin's 20ci SW in 25 runabout?

Comment

This ruling actually shocked me at the national meeting. sad to say I missed the discussions leading up to the vote. But it made no sense to me at all why the SORC put the motor in the B class. Maybe one or more of the SORC will enlighten us on why this was done, and how the parity committie plans on slowing the 20ci down to run with the 15's
        Gene Schertz 26V
        TEAM CAFFEINE
        Cranked up and ready to Roll
        Reeds for Speed!

Comment

I couldn't believe it passed either, I voted against it. My understanding is there has already been some testing done to slow it down to the right speed. As a matter of fact, my brother Rich ran one at Millville last fall and ran in second or third place. That is why there has been a parity committee appointed for the B class.
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

It will be slowed down using restrictor plates testing to be done by the parity committee. The same motor can then be run in B, 20, 25 runabout and 25 hydro.
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Thanks John

I guess Commissioner John Runne is confirming that the engine is indeed legal in 2013 as the on line rulebook states, i just was wanting to see if it was a misprint..........

Kudos to the SORC for positioning the all important B Class to having a chance to rise from the dead. Finally we have a new B Class engine capable of WINNING and giving newcomers to the class a chance to compete!! The ole Hot Rods had their 40 years of fun, now it's time to open the door for others to COMPETE and WIN!!

Comment

Very true. I remember the Hotrod when I first started racing. 1955. Lake Los Angeles which got consumed by Marina Del Rey Ca. Then the Corn Popper Merc 20H.
                bill b

Comment

Nothing wrong with age.

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                  I guess Commissioner John Runne is confirming that the engine is indeed legal in 2013 as the on line rulebook states, i just was wanting to see if it was a misprint..........

Kudos to the SORC for positioning the all important B Class to having a chance to rise from the dead. Finally we have a new B Class engine capable of WINNING and giving newcomers to the class a chance to compete!! The ole Hot Rods had their 40 years of fun, now it's time to open the door for others to COMPETE and WIN!!
                  In 1955, General Motors designed the Chevy small block. Since then, and currently, it is involved with every form of auto racing imaginable. And probably will be long after we are all dead. So just let the hot rods run...

Comment

This is strange

I find myself in complete agreement with Matt on this. As a guy with no Hotrods I think it's easier for me to agree, but I do have a dog in this fight. Here in the upper left corner of your map we only see B at Nationals. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but with the new motor it COULD happen, that we could have a B class here in the great NW. NEVER would have happened otherwise.

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post

Moby Grape Racing
                    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

15 or 20?

I'm confused. Is the SW 15cc motor still legal in B?

Mike

Comment

Yes the 15 is still legal in B. The commission has lost some confidence in the performance of the 15 in the B class. The B class still needs a replacement motor for the Hot Rod that can win on a national level. They know the 20 has that capability. The 20 can be slowed with a simple change of a carburator and intake manifold. Quite a bit of testing has already been done to make sure parity will be attained.
                        Racing Outboards is continuing to work on the 15 to make it competitive. The new intake manifold and an adjustment to the C.C.'s may be the final cure for the issue. It is just going to take more testing. The manifold breakthrough last fall seems to be a very significant step toward finally fulfilling expectations.
                        John Runne
                        2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

John,
                          Thanks for the info!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Apachemax View Post
                            In 1955, General Motors designed the Chevy small block. Since then, and currently, it is involved with every form of auto racing imaginable. And probably will be long after we are all dead. So just let the hot rods run...
                            And the reason for this is there must be a million places that make parts for the small block Chevy where would it be if no one made parts for it. I have four Hotrods on the motor rack right now
                            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Question: Saw a change in the Safety Rules for SO, MO, and PRO, In particular Safety Rule 3.9 (side fin mounting) but did not see it being addressed in the 2013 Stock Outboard Category Meeting Minutes. Can somebody enlighten me as to the details of this decision?
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X