Stock Outboard Plan "C"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Outboard Plan "C"

Since we had such a lively debate on plans "A" and "B", I will add a few of the other plans that I have received. I will give them a letter name to protect the thoughtful innocent.

Have fun, fire away!

Plan C

Pretty simple plan maybe, we have 5 currently available motors for our current 11 classes. Our ultimate goal should be to make these motors the motors of choice. I like your proposal for National and Regional classes. Out of the 11 classes we have 5 national classes these are the classes the SORC should promote.

ASR/ASH leave as is with parity testing/ National Class .

BSR/BSH leave as is with parity testing/ Regional Class not eligible for HOC

CSR/CSH Yamato 102/302 , Merc 25XS, Yamato 102/302 Restricted at current 25 runabout weights/ National Class

302SSH/ Regional Class not eligible for HOC

20SSR/20SSH Yamato 80, Sidewinder 20CI , Yamato 302 Restricted / 20SSR/ Regional Class not eligible for HOC

DSH Leave as is / Regional Class not eligible for HOC

DSR Marathon only / Regional Class not eligible for HOC

Not much different, I feel that we do not have too many classes I think that it seems that way because we run SO /MOD combined races which are necessary to help with the cost.
    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Too simple, won't work.

Sorry, somebody had to say it.
    Mark 55P
    Team Tower
    Hydroplane Division

Comment

Jeff just two questions.

1. Under the CSR/CSH category can you explain what is meant by "Yamato 102/302 Restricted at current 25 runabout weights/ National Class".

2. Under the 20SSR / 20SSH category it appears that the Mercury 25XS has been eliminated. If that is correct what is the rational behind this ?

Thx,

Sam

Comment

Guys,
        I did not receive a letter of intent with this plan so I can only assume what this person meant.

1) The runabout class would be a combination of 25ssr and Csr as they are currently ran. So if you ran a yamato restricted in 25 then you could run the same rig as a Csr but at a lighter weight.

2) The 25XS is still an engine in Stock but now in the C class.

Don't forget this is not a proposal on our agenda, it is just an idea from one of our members for discussion.
        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I only see 4 National classes (ASR/ASH.CSR/CSH). Did I miss one?

Comment

Yes 20ssh would. Be a national class also

Comment

Nationals implications.....

Originally posted by Jeff Brewster 59s View Post
              Since we had such a lively debate on plans "A" and "B", I will add a few of the other plans that I have received. I will give them a letter name to protect the thoughtful innocent.

Have fun, fire away!

Plan C

Pretty simple plan maybe, we have 5 currently available motors for our current 11 classes. Our ultimate goal should be to make these motors the motors of choice. I like your proposal for National and Regional classes. Out of the 11 classes we have 5 national classes these are the classes the SORC should promote.

ASR/ASH leave as is with parity testing/ National Class .

BSR/BSH leave as is with parity testing/ Regional Class not eligible for HOC

CSR/CSH Yamato 102/302 , Merc 25XS, Yamato 102/302 Restricted at current 25 runabout weights/ National Class

302SSH/ Regional Class not eligible for HOC

20SSR/20SSH Yamato 80, Sidewinder 20CI , Yamato 302 Restricted / 20SSR/ Regional Class not eligible for HOC

DSH Leave as is / Regional Class not eligible for HOC

DSR Marathon only / Regional Class not eligible for HOC

Not much different, I feel that we do not have too many classes I think that it seems that way because we run SO /MOD combined races which are necessary to help with the cost.
              I "think" if this proposal was approved, the Nationals turnout would suffer tremendously, due to the "regional class" designations and no HOC eligability, as it would not be worth the effort to go.....and in fact would lose even more members......IMO
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Gotcha Jeff, thanks for the reply.

Sam,

Comment

So it makes sense to keep an engine that went out of production in the 1970's in a national class (Y-80)?
                  But a currently produced engine (Tohatsu) should be relegated to a regional class? That's a great way to grow the D class and show support for a valued engine producer!
                  And what is a HOC anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                    So it makes sense to keep an engine that went out of production in the 1970's in a national class (Y-80)?
                    But a currently produced engine (Tohatsu) should be relegated to a regional class? That's a great way to grow the D class and show support for a valued engine producer!
                    And what is a HOC anyway?
                    Please see the rule book for what it takes to be in the HOC, I would explain it but the rules make it clear. IMO. Besides I'm not sure what class or catagory you race anymore.
                    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

1. I'm going to need more clarification between 20ssr (restricted 302) and CSR at 25 weight - what is the difference?

2. Making DSH a local class bothered me at first, specifically no chance of making the HOC as a D driver. But thinking about it more, it really doesn't matter. I won the nationals, won the high-point, western divisionals and set a record (not to mention, winning a national, divisional and set 2 records in another class) in DSH in a single year and I didn't get into the HOC. That's that, done and done, but if a guy does all that and...? You get the point.

3. What does a local class need to do to become a national class? More participants? Race in different geographical areas? If we apply the current standard to B and D, do they only qualify as a local class? What about 45?
                      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

next....

what's plan "D"?????

PS: let me know soon before I buy my new 26ft enclosed trailer...
                        Last edited by mercguy; 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM.
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                          . Besides I'm not sure what class or catagory you race anymore.
                          So I'm not qualified to ask a question because you don't know what class or catagory I race in?
                          Don't feel bad, I don't know what class or catagory you race in either.

Comment

Wow, all i was saying is read the rule book under the catagory you race in. I have been at every Region 7 race for the last 5 years or so and have not seen you since P.P. about 5 years ago, I thought maybe you switch catagorys.

If you don't know what the HOC is it's in the rule book every catagory is different.
                            "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Hoc

Ahh whats it matter anyway no one is going to be eligable anyway under this plan.....Ha Ha Ha. Another great thread to keep busy on this winter good job.

Keep up the good work Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                              X