Stock Outboard Ballot Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Outboard Ballot Results

Here they are. 609 Ballots mailed out. 248 received back.

Ed Hearn.
    Attached Files
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

By the way, these changes (that were approved) become effective November 1, 2011 (ie: for Next Year).
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Ed,
      Has the committee been formed yet, to address our class structure and develop a plan for the future of Stock Outboard? If so, who is on the committee?
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Well you can't say Dean didn't try. It is what it is at this point for class structure in stock outboard. But for those who voted no on Proposal six....Please start emailing your commisioners and tell us how you want the future of SO to continue. The old way of doing this is CLEARLY NOT working. So if you have any suggestions please email, maybe you have thought of something that we have not.

While my region is growing in overall numbers and is very strong; I still sat a stock winternationals this past weekend with 3, 4 and 5 boat heats in ASH, ASR, 25ssr, CSR, DSH, and 45ss. NO BSH, BSR, 25ssh, DSR. AND no out of region boats. CSH and 20ssh were the only classes to claim a winternational champion. I understand cost and location is primarily to blame, but those are still bad numbers.The only reason we pulled 130 entries is because our region races all categories SO, MOD, PRO. 350cch had 5 boats as an example of other classes racing.

We need more ideas. And for those that voted no on 6, please share your thoughts. Not in open forms, but privately with your regional SORC representative. Thanks.
        Last edited by Racerkyle20; 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM.
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Let's see, 248 out of 609 equates to 40 percent member response. I wonder how that stacks up with previous ballots.

I'd be willing to bet that almost everyone who posts here on HR spent the 44 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
            Well you can't say Dean didn't try. .............
            We need more ideas.

And for those that voted no on 6, please share your thoughts. Not in open forms, but privately with your regional SORC representative. Thanks.
            That's the power of "freedom of speech",......... and why the National meet'ns should be live stream'd.....so everone is involve'd, and on the same page....?

You'll avoid these fights down the road,............... and less stress on your Commissioners?

"Communication is ..KEY.........to our success"..........

Feedback?.........tar-in-feathers?

"please share your thoughts."
            Openly,
            100N/Steve French
            Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-05-2011, 12:11 AM.
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
              That's the power of "freedom of speech",......... and why the National meet'ns should be live stream'd.....so everone is involve'd, and on the same page....insead'a behind close'd doors...?

100N/Steve French
              Steve, I don't know if you've ever been to a national meeting, but if you haven't you should. None of the meetings take place "behind closed doors". What we have is a representative democracy here. You elect the guy that you think will best represent your views and then let them go do their job. Just like congress, you don't like the job your rep does you fire them and get someone else, or better yet get yourself elected.
              Moby Grape Racing
              "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                Steve, I don't know if you've ever been to a national meeting, but if you haven't you should. None of the meetings take place "behind closed doors". What we have is a representative democracy here. You elect the guy that you think will best represent your views and then let them go do their job. Just like congress, you don't like the job your rep does you fire them and get someone else, or better yet get yourself elected.
                Is that a financially sponcer'd nomination?.....I'll wear my helmet cam!

Seriously, I have to bow my head in shame....Never been to a National meet'n...Been to region-6 meet'n and very hard to keep up with all the go'ns on in different rooms......when ya run both STOCK and MODIFIED..........right?......"Walkie-talkies" and a buddie to keep up might help (till ya git toss'd fer key'n the mic?)
                ..Have asked for minutes afterword,.....seem to be hard ta find till after February membership discount?..related?....Maybe/maybe not?

Still think this process in todays high speed world of communication would be better ...live.... for all members like me who can not afford to attend or take time from work...but have ta bier the results of the meetings in these "how ta vote" threads in hind-sight?.............Once retired,yep,no excuse.....will be camp'n in the meet'n park'n lot!

Call my Commissioner and talk........ok......Will I git to hear/see the info/cards that all the rest of the commissioners have to take to the table?....or just my guys?.....Do I deserve to know what's go'n on in other regions?.....It affects the whole membership in the end.......Why can't there be a deadline for all items, and a post'd outline before the meet'n for all to review and a thread here to contact/canvass/lobby, every Commissioner?..........Your right propnuts, just like Congress!......(Seems there were some "Lobbiest" who COULD afford to attend, on a few BMH/22-OMC issues a couple years ago?)

"What we have HERE'a..... is (a)......... FAILure ....to communicate"..........some men ya just can't reach........ (What movie was that?) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_we...to_communicate

My humble.Pee-Brain opinion,.........Segway'n back to the mushroom cave,
                100N Steve French/"Hydro Winer"

PS, propnuts,........ Edited out the "Negativity"......... "closed door" comment.....would you do same?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-05-2011, 03:01 AM.
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Pretty sad less than half voted.
                  Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Steve,
                    Going to a national meeting generally doesn't cost any more than two regular boat races and you've got three months to save up. I can't afford to race more than once a month if that much, but that meeting is important enough to make the effort. By the way, most of our commissioners pull the money out of their own pockets to contribute to the sport. And you work for the gov't., don't tell me you don't have the vacation time. Detroit was a short ride for you. Chicago will be next year too, see ya there!
                    John Runne
                    2-Z

Comment

Well said...........

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
                      but that meeting is important enough to make the effort. By the way, most of our commissioners pull the money out of their own pockets to contribute to the sport. And you work for the gov't., don't tell me you don't have the vacation time. Detroit was a short ride for you. Chicago will be next year too, see ya there!
                      Not to pick on Steve but before a person whines about the issues facing APBA or any of it's cataglories they should take the time to come to a National Meeting when in there area!!......... I went to my first one in 1980 in Alexandria, Virginia to observe how our organization functions and how the SORC works.......The process is completly transparent and all opinions are welcome from the represenitives and the gallery.

Most people can't stomach the 3 days of non-stop meetings and agenda items but someone has to do it. Spending $1000 of ones own money to try and do what is right for our sport is part of being a Commissioner and no matter what you believe we, the SORC all want our sport to be bigger and better. It's just a matter of how we get there??????

Ok ok..........see you guys in Jesup.

Comment

Steve,
                        Going to a national meeting generally doesn't cost any more than two regular boat races and you've got three months to save up. I can't afford to race more than once a month if that much, but that meeting is important enough to make the effort. By the way, most of our commissioners pull the money out of their own pockets to contribute to the sport. And you work for the gov't., don't tell me you don't have the vacation time. Detroit was a short ride for you. Chicago will be next year too, see ya there!
                        That sounds like a second nomination?..100N>>>>>..Region-4 Commissioner?

John, Did ya git any of my last post?............Make the meet'ns live on web or record'd on video/web/hydroracer.net....... and everyone is on board........no excuses for not vote'n/participate'n/whine'n later/etc.

Yes I could divert time from Grandkids/work/Friends pass'n away (lost a week's vacation to him)/move'n for temp job transfer till retirement to be closer to my step Grand children (That alone ate up three weeks of vacation last year out'a-5 alowe'd)+two mortgages/woman who hates the sport these days(do me a favor?)/etc.....but I made a promise to my self in 1999 that when this was NOT ...FUN anymore..........done.

Nearly kill'd twice in the last few seasons.....Once lead'n osy-400 at Waterford and found the arch in back of rig, first time in it, that toss'd me and the 202D motor slap'd my thigh soo hard, I still have a welt there 4 years later......once when lead'n 25SSH at Franklin when I set engine too high ta stay out in front of 2-US, I broke loose, and he took the rig instead of me (Thanks Jeff) and now my left hand goes numb while sleep'n...... and last at Lock Haven when I refused ta back off in BMH next ta John Mauck at the bridge and road his turn fin spray going under the bridge and detached my left ACL/a good portion of my left inner leg mussel ball'd up next to left knee/and half of my left arm bi-cept muscle gone (see sig pic below)...two blow overs in Florida in A-MOD/25MOD (one cost me 12 stitches to left butt-tox, the other a serious case of whiplash from helmet bucket'n)......A tangle with Ken Terry at Crescent that tore up my Webster hydro.......Oh, and twice with chop exchanges with yer Son.........(ya that's ? strikes not two!....keep hav'n more "Flashbacks" to edit in...maybe it is time ta quit?)

Few sad money transactions that have taught me not to trust everyone and be too nice....(One about to be hand'd over to district justice for theft)....will not go there at this time....right John?.....(will need your address for witness deposition/sopena though if not settled soon?)

Cost me nearly $450 in fuel alone at 18MPG/$4.09gal to go from Asheville, NC...... to Erie Pa./Clymer, NY. to fetch race equipment for Jesup.......still got'a pay memberships to NBRA/AOF/APBA......

Got three engines ta finish and one Killer A-MOD 20H still in bones ta fig'r out.

On the phone with Abby and potential race site sponsors, Duke energy CEO, and North Carolina Wildlife Commission,........ for Lake James/Black Bear Marina race Oct 21-23rd........

But yet fer some strange, OCD reason, I still call this my sport.... and yes.........this .......IS.....still....FUN!!!!!

Go to National meet'n ?........would luv to ......on my computer......set up a web/helmet cam and we're all there.....could even down load later that night/next day?.....Live would be nice but as long as its record'd for all members to participate/witness?............Might even beat out Daytona for number of views among APBA members?

".....all I got ta say about that" (Forest Gump)

See ya at Jesup ........Just found some frier oil ta dump in da tow mule/1-ton Dodge..

"Like a box of chock-lots"......never know what yer gon'na git"
                        100N/Steve French
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-08-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Steve,
                          Glad you're still having fun. I'll pray for you.
                          John Runne
                          2-Z

Comment

Point

I would like to point something out. It is growing old hearing "Attend the meeting if you want change” That couldn't be farther from the truth, and the very structure APBA operates under. The very reason commissioners are elected is to represent the members so they don't have to attend the meetings. The only reason a non-elected person would attend the national meeting is if they do not agree with the elected commissioner of their region. And if they don't agree with them, they don't agree with the majority of their region on an issue. That is how it is supposed to work. Does it ? Another reason one could attend is for the fun factor with the HOC ceremony. Another would be to see your boat racing buddies in the off season.

So please, consider those that do not attend the meetings yet voice their opinions on here just as important as attendees of the national meeting.

Perhaps communication needs to be addressed in a formal manner, as it appears it is not working the best between membership and the policy makers.

And on that note, I wish Stock Outboard the very best of luck in the coming decade. I truly hope the light comes on.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Steve,
                              Glad you're still having fun. I'll pray for you.
                              Tons of FUN.....and thanks fer da prayers......Like Charlie Sheen, I need them!

Been doing some pray'n for others myself, .... some still here....some depart'd.

Thankful for every breath I can do so...........

100N

Comment

Working...
                              X