No announcement yet.

Stock Outboard Mission Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does Obama have to do with your message? This thread and this site has nothing to do with politics and I for one would like to keep it that way.

Comment

Make it cheep and simple to start

Have a class where you can race one of several outboards that are readily available from the local dealer. Race a standard fishing lower unit, RPM limiter, and aluminum propeller for the first three years. Likely to find some new starts if that is promoted and made fun with minimum rules and maximum cheering on. Suggest something in the 20hp range.

Comment

Originally posted by nbass View Post
        Have a class where you can race one of several outboards that are readily available from the local dealer. Race a standard fishing lower unit, RPM limiter, and aluminum propeller for the first three years. Likely to find some new starts if that is promoted and made fun with minimum rules and maximum cheering on. Suggest something in the 20hp range.
        Pretty close to the existing OPC Mini GP class. It exists, but is not exploding.

Comment

Location-Location

To me the biggest change from the glory days of racing to the current situation is where the races were held. The races were in places like Oil City, Kittanning, Ravinswood, Sistersville, New Martinsville ect. The scene was like Lock Haven, carnival atmosphere in a small town. Hundreds of spectators. Many a spectator became a racer. These races were replaced with races on remote lakes with pristine water, no spectators. I know it was due to safer water, but maybe the boats got too fast and small. I know the clubs have been invited back to some of these places with money available but nobody can race current equipment on these bigger rivers. Frank

Comment

In a case as you described, why not get the vintage clubs in there? If the boats used to run there. Yet todays boats can not handle the water....

"The Coffee Guy"
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
            " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
              In a case as you described, why not get the vintage clubs in there? If the boats used to run there. Yet todays boats can not handle the water....
              Because for the most part ... they have motors but no boats, or just recently retired boats

Comment

IF it wasn't for trailer space. i have allways felt we should have stout boats too. Then when the weather doesn't cooperate with us. IE windy as heck and the water is ugly. Just unload the longer, heavier boats and GO RACIN !

"The Coffee Guy"
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Working...
                X